Production Artist / Designer
The Joss & Main creative team is growing and seeks a highly productive, Photoshop expert and junior designer.
Primary tasks for this role include photo retouching, cropping, and file management. Must be a designer with an eye for detail and a knack for organization and efficiency- as you’ll be expected to manage digital images for dozens of sales each day. Our ideal candidate will also have experience in creating realistic composite images.
You’ll work closely with our buying, marketing, and content teams, photography studio and many others; to ensure the quality of images we put out are world-class – and you’ll get the opportunity to learn new creative skills along the way.
- Use Photoshop to edit in-house and stock images efficiently, based on your understanding of composition, perspective, color, lighting, and our brand
- Efficiently rework images by cloning, cropping, color correcting, resizing, compositing, adding shadows, light, and using complex image masks and adjustment layers
- Leverage designs created by other members of the team for advertisements, banners, and emails;
and interpret/repurpose these designs for additional uses (other sizes, formats, testing options, etc)
- Upload finished work into our backend CMS system daily
- Bachelor’s degree (graphic design or related field preferred)
- Professional-Level Photoshop skills: 1+ years of experience using Adobe Creative Cloud (with emphasis on Photoshop)
- Technical expertise in non-destructive methods of isolating objects, creating/editing layer masks and adjustment layers, removing/replacing backgrounds, color correction, etc
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and produce quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Ability to participate in critique and respond positively to feedback
- A solid understanding of design, color, and typographic principals
- Proficiency using a MAC
- Enthusiasm for home furnishings and eCommerce
- We need to see your work! Please submit a link to your online portfolio, or include samples with your application. Examples of photo editing and design work are required for consideration.