The Lead Technical Artist is the main
backbone to the Technical Art Department. This individual will spearhead the
- Coordinate the technical art
department, prioritize features, and work with the Art Director, Technical
Director, and Design director to achieve common goals across the departments.
- Oversee the day to day tasks of
the technical art team including scheduling, tools review, progress meetings,
and mentoring others.
- Primary source of communication
between the engineering and art creation teams.
- Take requests, prioritize, and
delegate work across the technical art department while maintaining a
consistent task list and priorities for the team.
- Proactively seek out
opportunities to communicate both formally and informally with the team to
build relationships, and identify possible pipeline issues.
- Design, develop, document, and
improve content pipelines.
- Seek out and fix performance
issues including, but not limited to: framerate issues, memory problems,
material errors, and collision issues.
- Constantly review the content
creation pipeline to identify and fix any possible pipeline or technology
deficiencies for the art department.
- Research and develop pipeline
and art systems within the game engine and 3rd party content packages.
- Analyze competitive products
and makes recommendations to senior management.
- Develop and document content
- Train the art team on best
practices, new tools, and pipeline changes across multiple projects.
- Be a positive and creative
force in the team.
- Mentor technical art team.
- Provide team performance
- 6+ Years of game industry
- Extensive PBR and HDR
- Minimum 2-year 2D/3D art,
design, or computer science degree, or equivalent experience with excellent
critique and vocabulary skills. Bachelors a plus.
- Shipped at least 3 AAA game titles.
- Ability to lead a team of four
or more Technical Artists with diverse backgrounds and skillsets.
- Strong working knowledge of
multiple 3D Packages (3Ds Max, Maya, Houdini, Photoshop).
- Strong scripting or programming
- Understanding of Object
- Shader development experience.
- Understanding of game rendering
- Understanding of modular game
- Strong understanding of methods
for optimizing game art assets for game engines.
- Up to date knowledge of current
art techniques and development processes.
- Strong technical proficiency in
understanding proprietary tools and technology.
- Extensive experience with at
least one discipline within the art pipeline (lighting, effects, environment,
- Ability to design, develop and
improve content pipelines, with experience developing user applications.
- Strong technical writing and
- Excellent communication,
interpersonal, organizational, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work well under
pressure and with deadlines.
- Positive attitude and a desire
to bring new ideas to the team.
- Competence in C# and C++.
- CS degree or Technical Art