You believe that speed is a feature and that anything can be automated. You are passionate about the design and deployment of large-scale systems and take pride in the reliability of your services. You enjoy the detective work of solving mysteries through the strategic use of metrics and logging.
You’ll join a small team tackling huge challenges in system design, automation, and developer happiness. As one of the first members of the infrastructure team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the future of infrastructure at a company that’s processing over one billion API events per day and growing.
What will you do?
- Continuously improve user experience through attention to service reliability and performance as our service grows in usage and capability
- Evaluate and decide the best ways to use AWS, Mesos, Docker and other similar technologies to support IFTTT services
- Investigate and solve hard problems at the lowest levels of the system
- Architect, develop, and deploy tools for monitoring, logging, and alerting
- Coach software engineers in building and maintaining services that scale to millions of users and billions of transactions per day
What key qualifications are we looking for?
- Established track record building systems to support web services at scale
- Experience in Ruby, Python, or Go
- Familiarity with Mesos, Docker, and Chef (or similar technologies)
- Understanding of modern multi-tiered web application architecture, including application-tiers, load balancing, databases, network, and web/mobile clients
- Production experience with AWS
- Deep knowledge of current infrastructure landscape and best practices
- Expert in system design and debugging with advanced deductive reasoning
- Desire to automate processes away and continue building stable systems
- Great collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills