You will be responsible for helping us define the experience and visual design of user interfaces for the Linksys and Belkin networking products as they undergo a complete re-imagining. You will use your unique skills and knowledge to influence how products get developed and, most importantly, be an advocate for user needs. You’ll work on a team of creative and smart people and will operate with various groups in the organization such as Industrial Design, Product Management, Marketing, and Branding. You will be responsible for helping to define the UX, performing visual design and production duties for interfaces to appear on phones, tablets, and computers running the iOS, Android, OS X, and Windows operating systems, including the development of layouts, backgrounds, typography, icons, custom controls, and animations for mobile apps, packaged software, and web-based application interfaces. You will be an integral part of a team of eight other designers working to finally make Wi-Fi elegant and easy.
- Produce original and derivative visual interface designs to help establish Linksys as a leader in networking user experience.
- Specify visual, animation, transition, and audible aspects of beautiful, coherent, and highly functional interfaces.
- Participate in user research, competitive evaluation, and usability testing.
- Work with related personnel such as user researchers, usability engineers, industrial designers, and graphic designers to create great product experiences.
- Collaborate with the Industrial Design, Copy, Marketing, and Branding teams to develop interface designs that marry product positioning and brand, supporting the Belkin, Linksys, and the product’s identities.
- Provide ongoing development of guidelines for Linksys apps including brand standards.
- Stay abreast of developments in mobile, software, and web interface design, incorporating findings and new ideas into your work when it benefits the people who will use the product.
- Help Linksys to further champion and integrate user-centered design methods.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 3-5 years related work experience within software UI design and development.
- Preferred: Four year college degree or equivalent experience in visual design or related field.
- Experience designing interfaces and producing visual assets for iOS and Android.
- An excellent understanding of graphic design and the ability to use visual design techniques to convey information and instructions to improve usability.
- Ability to design pleasing and usable interfaces demonstrated by a strong portfolio that includes shipping products.
- Solid experience with creating and prototyping UI animation.
- Familiarity with interactive UI design patterns, usability, and the unique constraints of mobile design.
- Competence in a variety of visual design software, most importantly Sketch.
- Familiarity with prototyping tools is a plus.
- Passion for good experience – You know the difference between good and great and are able to work within a cross-functional team to deliver excellent experiences in out-of-box, setup, initial use, day-to-day-use, and troubleshooting.
- Rapid iteration – You're eager to try your early work on real people and use the feedback to make a better prototype on your way to an awesome final design.
- Team skills – You speak the languages of designers, business people, and users. You are collaborative, participatory, and inspire others to contribute.
- Professional skills – You have strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. You demonstrate care, vision, and planning in everything you do.
What you’re getting into
We’ve got big collaborative spaces for your big ideas, so bring an open mind and leave your suit in the closet. We all are committed to creating unique and rewarding consumer experiences. Everyone is interested in succeeding – for the team, for themselves and for the business. Cross-functionally and across the company, everyone has common goals and aspires to be their best.
You will learn something new or at least look at things differently every day. There are so many smart and creative people around that you’ll be motivated to pursue the ideal.
Team spirit is infectious. Belkin is an extremely open workplace, where communication is essential. Not every idea will be accepted, but you’ll be asked for your point of view. Innovation thrives on multiple and varied levels. At Belkin we challenge conventional wisdom and refuse to accept that something cannot be done.
We are committed to diversity. Belkin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Playa Vista, California