Technical Manager – Cloud Application Development
Do you like to be challenged with development of complex large-scale carrier-grade communication systems? Are you passionate about technical excellence? ViaSat is a leader in providing practical solutions for difficult communications problems. The company has been honored for its record of performance by national magazines such as INC, Forbes, Fortune Small Business, and BusinessWeek.
As the Technical Manager for ViaSat’s broadband technology you will manage and provide technical leadership to an integrated development and test automation team at our Chennai R&D Center. You will be responsible for product roadmaps, strategy, design and development, verification and deployment. You’ll collaborate with teams across global geographies to define and implement solutions, maintain and support CI/CD pipelines and report related metrics and also operate in a DevOps environment with shared responsibility for the live systems. You will be responsible for Talent Acquisition/ Management activities including hiring and managing resources, helping co-ordinate their work scope and building competency in the Chennai center.
- 15+ years of architecture, design and development experience in software Industry.
- 3+ years of leadership experience coordinating day-to-day activities as well as managing long term objectives – Talent Acquisition, Talent Management
- Technically broad, able to work with various systems/software folks, gather requirements, define scope.
- Hands-on, with strong development, debugging and trouble-shooting skills
- Experience with developing and deploying software in a service provider environment.
- Deep Knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, C++,
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience with at least one major server side web development stack like Node.js.
- Familiarity with client side MVC frameworks, e.g. React.js, Angular.js
- Experience with Agile/Scrum as software development methodology
- Familiarity with Linux development environment, open source software and virtualization
- Understanding of latest trends and innovation in test and automation techniques and methodologies
- Results oriented with a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility
- Good knowledge of cloud and networks
- Must have strong collaboration, communication, hands-on problem-solving skills
- Bachelor or Masters in engineering.
- Up to 25 percent travel
- Working knowledge of AWS or similar cloud
- Knowledge of DevOps and exposure to running large scale development
- Knowledge and experience in Django framework is a plus
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery pipeline infrastructure tools such as Jenkins/Ant/Go and ViaSat specializes in engineering creative ways to connect consumers, enterprises, and governments to communication applications that improve productivity, quality of life – and even safety – when terrestrial networks are not practical, cost effective, or able to provide a high-quality service. Because of the big leaps we make in performance, speed, bandwidth economics, and security, the Company has won numerous awards for its innovation leadership.
We have assembled one of the broadest portfolios of technologies in the industry, providing our technical staff with the ability to innovate at every possible point of the systems they create. Opportunities include wireless networking, cloud systems, software, hardware, and cybersecurity. We are seeking to add to our knowledge base by hiring only the best and the brightest.
ViaSat Global Facts:
• ViaSat was founded by three engineers, Mark Dankberg, Mark Miller, and Steve Hart. Dankberg is the Chairman and CEO, and Miller and Hart are Chief Technology Officers.
• ViaSat was incorporated in 1986 and is headquartered in San Diego, California
• ViaSat began trading as a public company on the NASDAQ Stock Market in December 1996 under the symbol VSAT
• Over 4,000 employees worldwide.
• FY17 Revenue $1.56Bn
ViaSat is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for certain positions. For positions requiring U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.