Senior ETL Developer
San Diego, CA
We are currently seeking contributors to leverage the latest RDBMS and MPP database technologies to instrument, ingest, store, process, and analyze the torrent of data our operational systems produce.
The Senior ETL Developer will work as part of a BI Data Warehouse team and will report to the BI Data Warehouse manager. Primary responsibilities include implementing ETL processes that populate Kimball style star schemas as well as troubleshooting, monitoring and coordinating defect resolution related to ETL processing.
- Write and maintain documentation of the ETL processes via process flow diagrams.
- Conduct appropriate functional and performance testing to identify bottlenecks and data quality issues.
- Implement slowly changing dimensions as well as transaction, accumulating snapshot, and periodic snapshot fact tables.
- ViaSat IT Services Business Intelligence is seeking a senor Informatica ETL developer to design, develop, maintain and support various applications within the corporation.
- Deliver ETL and related components as specified in the design, functional and non-functional requirements for data warehousing projects, applications, and Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting Systems.
- Develop/make enhancements to new/existing data systems and assist with the development of logical data models.
- Fix high priority production issues and support daily/weekly/monthly running jobs by partnering with other IT areas in resolving issues and improving processes.
- Perform unit testing of ETLs and related components and document test results.
- Complete code reviews for ETLs and related components, and complete documentation of issues identified and action items.
- Perform troubleshooting on ETLs and related components, identify application bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance.
- Provide resolution to an extensive range of complicated ETL-related problems, proactively and as issues surface
- Minimum ten (10) years of hands-on experience (including past 3 years) with Informatica Power Center (9.1 and up) and able to demonstrate success developing complex Informatica transformations.
- Minimum ten (10) years of hands-on experience with reading and loading high-volume Type 2 dimensions (Slowly Changing Dimensions) in multi-dimensional data marts (Star Schema).
- Minimum twelve (12) years of hands-on experience with complex SQL and high-volume relational databases including SQL Query performance tuning with emphasis on data profiling and data analysis.
- Minimum five (5) years of hands-on experience with enterprise scheduling tools.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis, data transformation, conceptual data modeling, data transformation and metadata management.
- Strong DB expertise (preferably any MPP database (e.g. Oracle).
- Self-starter that takes initiative to fill in gaps where needed.
- Thrives and succeeds within a team environment. Can work independently but prefers being part of the larger team.
- Exceptional skills managing through conflicts.
- Experience designing and developing within an Informatica Cloud environment.
- Knowledge of Data Virtualization tools (e.g. Composite).
- Knowledge of service ticketing systems (e.g. Salesforce, Service Now, JIRA, HP PPM etc.).
- Masters degree in Computer Science or related field.
Our Carlsbad, CA office is just 30 minutes north of San Diego and 5 minutes from the beach. We know there is more to life than work, and with full gym access, volleyball/basketball courts and meal services onsite, you’ll never want to leave our beautiful campus. You can also reach out to help others in the community by being involved in our VPartners program.
We are searching for candidates who enjoy working with people and have a technical mind that excels when being challenged. If you have a drive to succeed and grow your career, ViaSat might be a fit for you!
ViaSat is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for certain positions. For positions requiring U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.