At OnDeck, we improve the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration, but aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble but strong enough to make a big impact.
The Risk Management function works closely with OnDeck’s Revenue, Product, and Finance teams to ensure that our business and risk are optimized to meet OnDeck’s target. The primary responsibilities of a Lead Risk Analyst are the ideation, design, implementation, and monitoring of credit risk management strategies, models, and capabilities that help us serve the needs of our customers and shareholders. This includes the development of Product & Process Design, Risk Models, Approve / Decline strategies, Initial Line Assignment, Line Management, Draw Authorization, Collections, and Cross-Sell rules and policies. Progress will be achieved through Empirical Testing and Analysis, Best-In-Class Risk Assessment Capabilities, and collaborative interaction with our business partners. Success will be measured on the basis of overall portfolio profitability and risk, strategy-specific KPIs, the robustness, nimbleness, and statistical rigor of successful initiatives, and the holistic contribution to company culture and long-term strategy.
As a Risk Analyst at OnDeck, you will:
- Work on projects to improve risk strategies, statistical models, and controls across our full suite of products, geographic markets, and stages of the customer lifecycle
- Perform analytics on small business data to improve risk management strategies, business profitability, and customer experience
- Implement and review frameworks, policies, and algorithms that enable the efficient processing of credit risk management decisions
- Develop and review reports to monitor the acquisitions funnel, model performance, and portfolio trends to develop strategic business insight
- Design tests and experiments to measure and evaluate customer behavior and measure strategic impact
- Work with Product, Revenue, Finance, and Technology teams to build out new risk management capabilities and refine existing ones
- Ideate and help launch next-generation lending products and structures that will drive the next round of innovation and disruption within the small business lending ecosystem
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Engineering, or Mathematics
- 1 to 3 years of related experience in a Business Analytics, Finance, Strategy, or Product functional area
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Excellent business judgment and risk assessment as demonstrated by previous work or academic experience in an analytic role related to economic or business analysis
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills as demonstrated by previous experience in developing creative solutions to business strategy, technological, and operational problems
- Excellent SQL and analytic programming skills (R, Python, SAS, Excel), willingness to work closely with large data sets and get into the details with business processes
- Knowledge and experience with statistical concepts and financial analytics (break-even analysis, NPV estimation, downside risk assessment)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to help small businesses by eliminating inefficiencies and excessive costs in the lending business
- Comfort in a fast-paced business-critical role that is a key contributor to OnDeck’s continued success
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 50,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing and thriving enterprise. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $7 billion in capital.
Come be a part of a company that’s changing the game for small business financing.
Why Choose Us
We’re creating opportunities for small businesses and team members to grow and succeed. We do it in an environment where we celebrate collaboration and aren’t afraid of healthy competition; where we’re serious about our work and don’t take ourselves too seriously; and where we are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
We also offer…
401K Match. Tuition Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Company Outings. Hackathons. Company Sponsored Sports Teams/Clubs. Discounted Gym Membership. Office Learning & Development Training.
Awards we've received:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015 Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**