GitLab is looking for an intermediate UX Designer to join our team. At GitLab, UX Designers collaborate closely with Engineers, UX Research, and other Designers to create an intuitive, beautiful, world-class experience. UX Designers report to the UX Lead.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
-Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters.
-Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute first interview with a UX Designer.
-Candidate will receive a sample UX Design task to complete.
-Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 1 hour technical interview with the UX Lead.
-Candidates will be invited to schedule a third 45 minute interview with our VP of Engineering.
-Finally, candidates may be asked to schedule a 50 minute interview with our CEO.
-Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
For the compensation range for this position please use our compensation calculator found at the bottom of our jobs page: https://about.gitlab.com/jobs/ux-designer/