Our quality, manufacturing and prototype engineers work directly with customer engineering teams to troubleshoot systems and processes. An engineer-assisted production line helps with their first manufacturing runs and New Product Introductions as well as sustaining the product through the Product Life Cycle.
In this role, you’ll work as part of a joint project team – with a major tech brand and emerging technology. You will be part of a Studio team focused on early platform design, product prototyping, and technology characterization on new wireless features and performance breakthroughs for our sensor products. Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering Background
- Customers’ documentation analysis. Perform DFM, FMEA analysis.
- Product line and layout preparation.
- Production line material flow preparation.
- Perform capacity / time study analysis and improvement.
- Routing preparation.
- Prepare work instructions / standard work.
- Plan for the necessary jigs and fixtures for production use.
- Perform regular maintenance to upkeep the jigs and fixtures.
- Attend to any quality issues arise and provide timely resolutions.
- Train and impart knowledge to subordinates and assembly operators.
- Drive Kaizen projects.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) processes.
- Prototype development for next generation variants to existing products
- Component second source, selection, and schematic/pcb layout
- Make recommendations product enhancement
- Work with Contract Manufacturers on Functional Tests and troubleshooting
- Assist with agency compliance testing
- New material / process exploration