Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Engineer, Electronics/Electrical (RF)
Duties and General Functions:
This position will serve as Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer for the Advanced Dynamic Measurement System (ADAMS) Team at the Atlantic Test Range (ATR), Patuxent River, MD. As part of a larger test team the RCS Engineer will support ADAMS by performing RF operations, maintenance and designing upgrades to the radar. As a key team member the RF Engineer will help to guide and shape current and future DoD Radar cross section capabilities.
Other Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
• Perform operations, maintenance, and repair of radar systems to include transmitter (solid state and TWT), exciter and receiver.
• Develop, implement and test changes to the RF systems and associated instrumentation.
• Coordinate with Team Lead and work with the engineering team to support upgrades to the radar to meet data requirements.
• Provide recommendations for process improvements to radar and operational processes.
• Actively participate in Range Certification efforts.
• Provide other support, as required, as defined by the ASAM Branch Head and/or the ADAMS Team Lead.
• Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
• At least 4 years’ experience associated with engineering functions related to development, test, or evaluation of instrumentation systems is required.
• Candidate must be familiar with and demonstrate a basic knowledge of general purpose and RF laboratory test equipment, including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, Volt/Ohm meters, power supplies and signal generators.
• Proficiency in MATLAB desired.
• Should be able to support a dynamic work schedule and some travel will be required
• A bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline from a school of engineering having at least one professional engineering curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) (or in related disciplines such as physics, mathematics or computer science).
• Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret Clearance throughout employment. If the position requires a clearance.
• Conditions will vary. This position requires both laboratory and field work and candidates will often be required to work outdoors on elevated platforms and be capable of frequent stair climbing, with and without equipment. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster