Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 7 countries and speak 30 languages.
Our mission at Cloudreach is to “enable innovation”. We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of cloud computing. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fuelled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Google and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. It’s not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
Our new Edinburgh office is located in the centre of Edinburgh’s old town, nestled at the foot of the ancient hill of Arthur’s Seat and the beautiful modern buildings that house the Scottish Parliament. See what is it to work in our Edinburgh office !
What does the Cloud Operations team do ?
Cloud Operations are our team of superhuman Engineers who support our customer’s cloud infrastructure as a managed service.
We have an awesome BiModal service that offers our customers peace of mind with enterprise level, ITIL driven support, as well as offer all the agile, funky advantages that DevOps and Automation provides. They get their hands dirty across a wide range of technologies including AWS, Azure, Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, Splunk, Lambda and and many more.
Our DevOps team work with some of the largest, most complex infrastructure in the world. The focus of the DevOps Manager is to lead a POD of up to 20 Cloudreachers, delivering DevOps services to enable innovation in our clients. At the heart of what you do, is to inspire the next generation of Cloudreach’s budding DevOps Engineering Leads, as well as ensuring the successful search for, retention of and the overall happiness of our DevOps Teams.
How will you spend your days ?
- Inspiring your DevOps Teams to be awesome.
- Doing the above once more.
- Providing line management that drives an individual's personal development for your pod of up to 20 people. Deal with any staff issues in a cloudy way.
- Planning and managing your team’s assignment to be sure we meet our contracted SLA for availability and assignment of engineers and leads to engagements, and that our target POD billability is achieved.
- Carrying out strategic and operational initiatives for the Ops leadership team, to enable the business unit to move forward.
- Contributing to Ops strategy, to deliver the vision of being the planet's most awesome Cloudy MSP that delivers highly automated Core Ops (ITIL) and true DevOps.
- Reviewing satisfaction feedback from customers with your engineers and leads.
- Managing any escalation that arises from your team's engagement with clients.
- Ensuring your pod has the required resources and skills plus supporting tools and processes to meet our customer and contractual obligations.
- Deliver recruitment plans to support expected growth whist ensuring the DevOps team meets or exceeds its gross margin target.
- Ensure team members have, or are actively developing, the technical and soft skills to successfully deliver our Core Operation solutions and have access to the required supporting processes and tools.
- Identify and deliver opportunities to drive innovation into our delivery and support processes.
- Ensuring the team pro-actively develop the required skills, knowledge, partner accreditation and tools to successfully deliver our managed service solutions
- Keeping up to date with the latest thinking in DevOps and how DevOps and Core Ops coexist harmoniously.
- Contributing to Cloudreach brand recognition and demonstrate thought leadership by publishing articles on Cloudreach blog regularly.
- Reporting monthly on agreed KPIs and achievements.
What kind of career progression can you expect ?
- We are growing massively and there are huge opportunities for professional development across all of our Business Units. Within Cloud Operations, there are opportunities to move into, Senior Leadership as well as opportunities to move into Cloud Enablement, Service Delivery and many others. For someone with loads of energy and ambition, the sky’s the limit!
- There is also huge opportunities and exciting challenges in applying your skills to the largest and most complex infrastructure to ever move onto a public cloud environment.
- We have offices all over Europe and and North America so if you ever fancied trying a new country on for size, we would love to help you do that.
How to stand out ?
- You will demonstrate Technical knowledge, mostly but not limited to our partner solutions (Alert Logic, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Chef, BitDefender, CloudEndure and many others) and be able to present and articulate these concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You would have a solid understanding of current and future best practices for IT operations and can adapt this to support the delivery of cloud based Operational services at a global scale (e.g. DevOps, Bimodal, ITIL and others).
- Have proven experience leading and coaching global service delivery and DevOps engineering teams delivering best in class service to large enterprise customers.
- You would have great commercial awareness and comfortable delivering managed service solutions to large enterprise customers including supporting our commercial teams.
- You can plan and manage your own work as well as lead the contribution of others from across the Cloud Operations, the wider business, our customer and partners to meet commitments and milestones. You are super organised.
- You are metrics driven and can use data to identify and analyze trends to continuously improve service, performance and stability.
What are our cloudy perks?
- MacBook Pro, big screen monitor, personal Google Apps domain and new smartphone (you will have to choose between Galaxy or iPhone - make the right choice !).
- Unique ‘cloudy’ culture: our people are diverse, passionate and easy to work with.
- Enjoy our uncapped holiday policy and your birthday off.
- Our Season Ticket Loan will make your daily commute less expensive.
- Cloudy University: our continuous learning platform that will provide training and career development opportunities.
- Our office in the Tun is filled with free drinks and snacks, an Xbox One and big screen TV, pool table, foosball, bean bags and sofas.
- “Cloudy Lunch” where every Friday we take over a local restaurant. Enjoy, it’s on us!
- Discount on private healthcare scheme and gym membership. Stakeholder pension with shared employee and employer contribution.
- We kick-off every new financial year by getting together in a cool secret destination in Europe.