Indirect Procurement Process Analyst
Auto req ID
Business Unit Name
VMS Corporate Offices (CORP)
When you join Varian, you’re joining an organization with nearly $3 billion in annual revenue, and more than 6,500 team members across more than 30 countries. You’ll be backed by a culture that is centered on fostering your creative potential, and experience the full support of an organization and leadership committed to inspiring you to do your best work. Together, we can make an impact on our customers, each other, and millions of lives. At Varian, you’ll find yourself surrounded by some of the world’s best and most creative talent, working together with a singular goal – our mission to help save lives. Our technology helps clinicians fight cancer, and the work you will do can support this important goal. Whether your focus is Legal, Human Resources, Government Affairs, Finance or IT, joining our Corporate Services team means you’ll contribute to Varian’s success as a global cancer fighter around the globe.
Analyst to define opportunities
- Gather and analyze procurement spend in order to report results to be used in business plan and strategy development
- Synthesize data and identify issues through operational and financial analysis in order to improve performance
- Query, extract, and process data to help make decisions by ensuring accuracy from multiple sources of information
- Compile annual spending reports; refine, improve, and analyze data with input from Purchasing Team to identify trends and opportunities for supplier or category consolidation
- Documenting annual costs for all Indirect suppliers and understanding those supplier trends
- Formalize the global indirect process with the use of SAP, Authorization matrix and supporting processes
- Lead process improvement teams across multiple locations
- Participate as the process team member in deployment and implementation of new Contract Management tool
- There are several duties and responsibilities involved in the process of identifying and selecting vendors. Ensure that vendors follow Varian’s formal acceptance process for validation, data privacy, security and other compliance requirements.
- Performs all required management responsibilities including but not limited to: implementing the company's policies, programs, and guidelines; ensuring employee productivity and growth; managing resources; knowing Varian's business; and maintaining functional, technical, and external market awareness necessary for managing immediate organization. Assures purchasing representation on change review board to coordinate subcontracted materials and minimize excess material write-off.
- Oversees staff development, coaching and training, build and motivates team of internal resources to maximize results.
- Hire direct staff to complement the Indirect Procurement Function in Pune
- Procurement Analysts rely on a combination of soft skills and technical knowledge of their specific industry in order to do their jobs well. Regardless of industry, Procurement Analysts have to be analytical thinkers who are able to process a lot of information, and make decisions based on said information. Procurement Analysts also have to be comfortable speaking in front of small groups, as they often find themselves presenting their opinions to stakeholders on both side of the process.
- Analytical Skills: Given that “Analyst” is in the job title, it is no surprise that Analytical Skills are essential for Procurement Analysts. They call upon their analytical skills to compare vendors based on a variety of factors and deciding that best benefits for Varian.
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills: Procurement Analysts use their written communication skills to write the final contract used for vendors. They must be excellent writers, as one small mistake can change the meaning of the language in a contract.
- Negotiation Skills: Procurement Analysts call upon their negotiation skills to get the best terms possible from vendors. This involves having a deep understanding of their employer’s goals and budget.
- Decision Making Skills: A primary responsibility of Procurement Analysts is deciding whether or not to purchase from a particular vendor. Without decision-making skills, Procurement Analysts would have a hard time doing their jobs.
- Collaborative Skills: Procurement Analysts have to work with multiple departments within an organization to understand their needs. They also closely work with the accounting department when negotiating costs of vendor contracts.
- 2-4 years of data and financial analysis experience
- 2-4 years of Procurement, Supply Chain or Operations experience
- 2-4 of Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of SAP systems; excellent Excel skills, strong skills in PowerPoint, Word, and Access
- Ability to lead process improvement teams
- Ability to provide training to new and existing users of the contract database and reporting systems
- Functional knowledge of procurement practices and requirements
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties
- Experience with global vendor management is desired
Become part of our team
You’re just one click away from the most impactful work you’ll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.