Working within the plant materials team the successful candidate will rotate through the department functions experiencing all aspects of a busy operational manufacturing supply chain environment. The role covers demand, production, and material planning. Supplier and customer relationship management. Warehousing and logistics planning and operational execution.
The primary function of the role is to support the plants successful fulfilment of customer needs through the efficient planning and execution of the supply plan. Typically this will include:
- Managing supplier relationships to ensure continuity of supply. Using MRP system to create material supply plans which support the production requirements.
- Customer order management. Analysing customer requirements for significant change, entry into the demand planning process, acting as primary point of contact for the customer managing the operational relationship. Acting as voice of the customer into the plant.
- Logistics management. Working within transport management teams and 3rd party logistics provider to ensure inventory accuracy, warehouse and logistics operations are effective.
- Department performance metric reporting and continuous improvement projects.
- Ensures internal and external customers' expectations and requirements are met.
Applicants must be working towards a degree in Business Studies, Supply Chain or Logistics.
Good communication skills
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
United Kingdom-England-Darlington-UK, Darlington, Cummins Emissions Solutions Ltd
Cooperative / 12 Month Placement Student - Cooperative/12 Month Placement
Oct 21, 2017, 11:07:24 AM