Title : Software Engineer: JAVA & SOA
Location : Bangalore
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, healthcare, hospitality, entertainment, gaming and public sector organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
For more than 130 years, NCR has helped companies around the world better connect, interact and transact with their customers. NCR's assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, healthcare, hospitality, entertainment, gaming and public sector organizations in more than 180 countries. http://www.ncr.com/about-ncr/company-overview/history-timeline
NCR has sales and customer support facilities throughout the world. Our headquarters is in Duluth, Georgia, and other key NCR locations include Beijing, Budapest, United Kingdom, Mumbai, New York and Sydney. NCR has more than 29,000 employees worldwide and we speak 75 languages.
* NCR Corporation (Top Fortune 500 company)
* Revenue – 6.5 Billion USD
* NCR is the #1 provider of ATM's around the world.
* NCR is the #1 provider of self-check-in kiosks in the U.S.
* More than 45 billion gallons of gas are sold annually through NCR POS.
* NCR enables more than 485 million transactions every day.
* More than 1 million people view digital signs powered by NCR each day.
.... and that’s just a small portion of NCR's success.
The NCR DigitaI Banking team in Bangalore, India is looking for a STAR Senior Software Engineer for the development of Digital Banking Platform services, which is mission critical backend service layer built on SOA framework, to provide capabilities for Web banking, mobile banking, payments, account transactions and other online banking features. It is a mission critical role and gives an unique opportunity to own and deliver the roadmap of a world class SaaS offering in the financial domain.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Technical design and implementation of production ready code, partnering closely with rest of team (Engineers, Architects, Product Managers, QA, SCM, Operations, and Business Partners)
- Work closely with Product Managers to define offering priorities, and with operations & technical support team to operationalize the product in production environment.
- Directly responsible for service design and implementation, which includes consideration of non functional aspects like performance and scale
- Stay up to date with new technologies and industry trends
- Participate in requirements gathering and documentation
- Develop or prototype the solution including associated API’s, schemas
- Set and follow core engineering processes around unit testing, code coverage to ensure software code quality
- Collaborate with the QA team and UI team to understand the services requirements and create an execution plan
- Lead the non-functional aspects of the solution which includes security , performance and scale
- Collaborate with the QA team, SCM and Operations as part of project execution
- Guide the work of junior team members
- Live and breathe the agile mindset and work in a fast paced scrum environment
- Work closely with remote team members located in the US office
- Consistently deliver quality shippable software to our customers, being part of our Agile development team
- Foster a culture of learning across the team
Qualifications and Skills required:
- BE/B.Tech Computer Science or Equivalent.
- 3 to 5yrs of hands-on experience in SOA and web-services development
- Must have strong Java/J2EE experience and very strong in the middle tier which involves web services and SOA patterns. Experience with injection frameworks like Spring is a plus.
- Experience working in SOA and solid understanding of web services paradigms like REST/SOAP
- Must have solid experience with Java stack and build tools like Maven
- Solve problems in non functional aspects like scaling and performance and security
- Experience working on Enterprise Caching technologies like Couchbase, Oracle Coherence etc is preferable.
- Experience working on Enterprise Messaging technologies like ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, etc is preferable.
- Experience working on database technologies like JDBC, ORM, Hibernate.
- Hands-on development experience with XML
- Good understanding of Agile Methodologies and SCRUM
- Proven experience as a Scrum Master is a plus
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
South Asia Pacific (SAPAC)-India-Karnataka-Bangalore