We’re seeking a User Experience Designer to join our product team, developers and designers in building our Data Science Platform. This role requires leadership in user research, experience design, usability and interaction design. The UX Designer will work closely with Product and Development teams to understand business requirements, gather the best possible research, and create and promote standard and good practices for crafting our platform and features for our users. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings.
The Dataiku Data Science Platform ambition is to be the most ergonomic Data Science platform that address from citizen data science needs to full custom advanced analytics. At Dataiku, you will work with a unique team of Data Scientists, Developers, UX Designers, Graphic Designers and Product Managers. As part of this group, you will have the chance to view the full scope of what it takes to create a Professional Software that is both friendly and powerful.
- Design, run and analyze concept validation studies with a sample of users
- Research consumer behaviors and expectations
- Prepare and deliver compelling presentations of findings and recommendations for improvements to stakeholders at all levels
- Translate UX recommendations and data-driven decisions for feature/function concepts into visual designs such as wireframes and prototypes
- Create and test wireframes, user flows, low-fidelity prototypes
- Negotiate requirements and designs with product managers, designers, and developers
- Build high-fidelity mock-ups, build and maintain style guides, and support teams during the development cycle.
- Participate to the definition of our in-house design language to provide a unified set of UX and design rules
- Research and stay current with trends in UX, design.
- Proficiency in design-related software (e.g., Sketch, Axure, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc).
- At least 2 years of relevant research and design experience.
- Ability to communicate decision points and metrics in an articulate, actionable manner for technical and non-technical individuals at all levels.
- Thorough understanding of design approaches, technologies, and tools (including journey maps, wireframes/click-throughs, user flows, etc.)
- Portfolio featuring examples of interaction/service/innovation by design work.
- MS or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics or a related field with 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Experience with Professional Software development environments.
- Experience in coding or statistical modeling is a big plus :-)
Dataiku is widely recognized as one of the best tech startups in the French Tech ecosystem. In September 2017, we raised a $28M Series B led by Battery Ventures to push our products to new heights and deploy internationally. Since February 2017, we have been named a Visionary by Gartner for Data Science Platforms. We have a great working atmosphere, centered on openness and friendliness. We also have great office space in the center of Paris (Bonne Nouvelle) with free breakfast, coffee, and much more!