Mirror Controls international (MCi), a Flex company, is the global market leader in mirror glass and power-folding actuators.
In this role you will manage a group of direct material suppliers or commodities, essential to the business. You are the lead commercial representative in all activities relating to these suppliers and actively support the development, implementation and management of global purchasing strategies, providing the optimal supply base and greatest overall value to the business. You work closely with the Purchasing Team, communicate and implement strategies, contracts and pricing to all regions with an overall focus on maintaining good supplier relationships and costs to a minimum to achieve maximum advantage for the company and its customers.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Establish and manage long term supplier relationships and engage with all MCi production sites and product development teams
- Guide selection, development and management of Core and Strategic Suppliers to meet commodity costs and performance goals
- Investigate, negotiate and implement cost reduction opportunities within the commodity spend to support the business
- Implement programs for supplier selection, supplier performance management and supply base optimization
- Manage the quotation process for new products and executing benchmarks within the designated commodity
- Monitor current commodity market conditions, technology roadmaps and identifies supply/demand challenges. Develop, implement and communicate tactical as well as strategic commodity plans internally
- Collaborate with MCi product development teams to coordinate sourcing strategies and ensure a smooth and timely manufacturing ramp on new programs
- Provide access to leading technology, product roadmaps, technology strategies and industry trends as well as point of escalation for Commodity issues as appropriate
Here is some of what you’ll need:
- Fluent spoken and written English – additional languages (Mandarin, Dutch, Spanish) desirable
- Prior Automotive background of at least 5 years
- Prior Purchasing experience of at least 2 years
- Degree in Engineering, Business, Accounting, or Purchasing
- Open to frequent travel as required by the job role
- Strong communication skills and customer focus
- Proactive teamplayer with the ability to balance priorities and deadlines
- Familiar with automotive systems such as ISO 14001, LEAN (VSM, 5S), 8D, (D)FMEA
- Strong project planning/management skills as you have to manage long term projects
- Ideally also some expertise with SAP ERP system
Global Procurement & Supply Chain
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.