We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Would you like to be a member of a team working on embedded solutions used in Billions of chips?
If you’re passionate about embedded applications then join Arm to become part of an exciting journey. Arm’s embedded products are used in a wide range of markets, from mobile phones, wearables, cars, drones to headsets.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager who will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and engage with ecosystem partners and customers to explore market requirements for subsystems. You will work with cross-functional teams to define and drive technology solutions delivering on Arm’s vision and strategy.
As Product Manager you will take responsibility for products throughout their entire lifecycle. You will be gathering and prioritizing requirements for embedded subsystems based on Arm technology, and develop strategies to satisfy these requirements in collaboration with internal teams and working with the Arm ecosystem and global customer base.
This includes analysing market trends and capturing market requirements, write business plans, drive the project internally to success, execute product launches and support sales opportunities.
The successful candidate will work cross-functionally with other Arm groups, train and support the sales and FAE teams, and provide a complete system solution by a fusion of various elements, software and tools.
This exciting product marketing role provides a great opportunity to interact directly with the leading semiconductor manufacturers and some of the largest consumer electronic companies worldwide. The role will require enthusiasm, frequent travel overseas and a passion for innovation.
The position is ideally based in our headquarters in Cambridge, UK but other Arm sides such as Munich (Germany) or Sophia Antipolis (France) are possible as well. You will report to the Director of New Product Management. You will be part of a family of product and technology managers who are addressing the growing demand for new technologies in embedded markets using the latest Arm technology.
What will I be accountable for?
• Be the marketing champion for Arm’s embedded subsystems, with specific focus on power constrained applications
• Managing the product lifecycle starting with the system product definition through approvals, development, release and maintenance.
• Ensuring market requirements are translated correctly into engineering product requirements
• Product features and engineering schedules are signed off against the business plan
• Develop go-to-market (GTM) strategies for existing and concept products
• Development of collateral including presentations, white papers, and customer value propositions
• Identify and articulate compelling value propositions for product positioning with customers
• Analysis of the competitive landscape with benchmarks and product positioning messaging.
• Development of strategies in conjunction with other team members to track the trends, explore new markets or expand existing ones and secure key industry and OEM endorsements
• Support for sales and application engineering teams as the product expert as well as providing suitable product training to sell effectively
• Planning and execution of marketing communications activities with ARM Marcom to encompass press and analyst briefings, product launches, conference
• Understand customer and industry roadmaps to develop / synchronize our product roadmaps and ensure alignment
• Become a primary product technology liaison between the company and the customer
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
Education & Qualifications
• Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
• Experience in professional positions within the semiconductor industry
• Solid understanding of technology and/or IP licensing business
Essential Skills & Experience
• Good knowledge of hardware SoC platforms
• Broad experience in a technical marketing sales or marketing role – note that embedded system-on-chip engineers with strong customer experience will also be considered
• Strong engineering background
• Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively with other team members, customers and suppliers
• Understanding of implementation and process technology
• Experience writing business plans and commercial justifications
• Willingness to travel globally (up to 20%) to meet with customers and colleagues
Desirable Skills & Experience
• MSc or equivalent in electrical engineering or computer engineering
• MBA or equivalent business experience
• Proven track record of successfully developing and executing technical marketing strategies for introduction of solutions for the semiconductor industry
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Capable of working as a team player or independently
• High degree of initiative and a proven problem solver
• Personable and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level
• Excellent analytic and information seeking skills
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.