Plans, directs, and coordinates a cross-functional team’s activities to manage and implement significant new development project and/or interrelated programs from concept/proposal initial to final operational stage.Leads matrixed teams to develop plans that model program requirements and translating requirements into operational plans that model program commitments and timing.Leads the project team(s) in determining client requirements and translating requirements into operational plans.Determines, monitors, and reviews all project economics to include earned value, project metrics, costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risks.Identifies and assembles the appropriate blend of resources to meet program needs and requirements; monitors and reports on activities related to the project.Meets with customers to review project scope/progress and resolve project issues.Controls project requirements, scope, and change management issues.Works with senior management on proposals, estimates, and schedules.Formulates contingency plans to address schedule revisions, risk, fund allocations, and work requirements.Ensures adherence critical functional and security requirements and client’s long-term strategic goals.Coaches and counsels members of cross-functional teams to accomplish project goals, to meet established schedules, and resolved technical/operational issues.Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key program criteria.Maintains awareness of emerging technologies and project management techniques.
• Manages customer project delivery
• Manages project team
• Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients
• Mentors and encourages skill development of project team members
• Provides performance review input and indication of area of development for team members
MANDATORY TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• 7+ years of experience in application software development projects
• Must have 7 years of experience in developing and maintaining project schedules using automated scheduling tools.
• Must have mid-level knowledge of CMMI methodology and processes.
• Ability to interface with clients and gather requirements and facilitate meetings
• Strong client facing skills
ESSENTIAL NON-TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Completed Bachelor degree in software development related field. Four years of additional software development or project management experience maybe substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
• Strong written and verbal communications
• DOD Secret Clearance
• Ability to work in small, rapid-development teams
OPTIMUM CANDIDATE QUALIFICATION:
• Experience with Army Recruiting or Military Human Resources Capital Management