DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public-sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally.
At DXC, you’ll build the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash your professional potential? You’ll use your experience and scientific knowledge to develop, modify, design, and test products, software, systems, and processes. And you’ll help drive our growth as a technology leader. If solving the world’s biggest challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
Our team consists of experienced Database Administrators, providing high-end quality administration for different types of database for our major customers. The Database Administrators are working with the newest technologies on the market and are frequently trained on the latest products.
Day-to-day operations include: working with business-critical databases, latest high availability solutions, design/implement infrastructure projects, data center migration/consolidation projects and similar.
We are looking for an experienced MySQL Database Administrator with at least 5 years of professional experience.
Your daily challenges will include: implementing middle to high-complex solutions and document them, coordinating complex projects, participating in creation of infrastructure designs, meeting with solution architects, engineers from different towers and customers. Working remotely from Bulgaria, you will be reaching customers from pole to pole.
Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
Prepare documentations and specifications
Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management (or any of its clones – MariaDB, XtraDB, etc)
- Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Knowledge of 3rd party tools, such as Xtrabackup and Percona utilities
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DB2, Informix, SAPDB/MAXDB, Sybase, etc. is a big plus
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases.
- Very good knowledge in administration of at least one of the following server systems: HP-UX, Linux, AIX, Solaris.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. High critical thinking, ability to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Fluency in English.
- Team Player.
We offer a challenging role with the following benefits:
- Continuous learning and technical training opportunities.
- Great opportunity for professional development in the IT field.
- Part of a team that has established itself as a preferred partner for Hi-tech Services & Support throughout the EMEA region.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Medical insurance.
- 4 days additional paid leave (total:24 days).
- Food vouchers.
- Life insurance.
If you feel comfortable with the above mentioned requirements, please send us your CV in English.
This is to inform you that DXC Technology (DXC) is registered as an administrator of personal data to the Commission for Data Protection. Some of the information that you provide voluntarily is personal information and falls under the special protection regime under the Law on Personal Data Protection. The personal data provided by you will be processed for the purposes of the selection process as well as for the realization of the legitimate interests of the data controller in respect of any future contract of employment. DXC takes the responsibility to handle, use and store your personal data, ensuring its protection in secret from the third parties. We inform you and you agree that DXC may provide your personal data to government, municipal institutions, banks, companies, corporate bodies and individuals, where such obligation exists under a special legal provision, where it is necessary for realization of your rights and legal interests as a participant in the selection process, and when it is necessary to realize the legitimate rights and interests of DXC. DXC can provide your personal information to corporate bodies and individuals who are assigned to actions and activities relating to the selection process and in respect of any future contract of employment.