The Senior UX/UI Designer conceptualizes, designs and prototypes ideas while ensuring those designs support user goals and meet the overall business requirements of our core document-centric collaboration product.
Synchronoss--a leader in cloud solutions and software-based activation for communication service providers across the globe--is looking for a talented, collaborative team member with entrepreneurial initiative, balance, a willingness to work and think hard, the ability to tell the story, commitment to the team, practical perfectionism, a sense of humor, discipline, and eagerness to chart unfamiliar territory.
Candidate should have an understanding of user-centered design principles, interaction design and an interest in the technical aspects that bring designs to life. They should have the ability to communicate and translate the ideas of the team into presentable formats as well as the ability to lead and champion collaborative design techniques.
Responsibilities & Scope:
- Define innovative user interfaces and interaction styles that result in improved user productivity.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining iterative design sketches, mental models, user flows, wireframes and high quality prototypes to describe navigation schema, user tasks, and user journeys for product features or enhancements.
- Facilitate design workshops with product owners, dev team and subject matter experts to gain consensus and inform design.
- Ability to clearly present designs both internally and to stakeholders.
- Proactively conduct user testing, provide feedback and iterate on designs and workflows within applications based on findings.
- Ability to work independently yet collaboratively share designs, be open to feedback and peer review.
- Support and collaborate with internal and external personnel in different areas of expertise.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where investigative research and analysis of data is required to inform the best methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Develop professional-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Bachelor degree in a related field or commensurate experiences.
- Proven experience defining, developing, and documenting UX design and interaction requirements and specifications
- Expert knowledge of user centered design methodologies
- Solid ability to create complex interactions.
- Experience designing for SaaS platforms.
- Familiarity with Web trends and best practices for UX/UI design.
- Proficiency in interface design tools such as Sketch, Axure, Omnigraffle or Adobe XD.
- Proficiency in prototyping tools such as Invision, Axure, Principle or UXPin.
- Familiarity of cross-browser user interfaces and web/UI frameworks.
- Strong familiarity with responsive design principles.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies.
- Portfolio of previous projects.
- Visual Design skills are a plus.
- Experience building applications for Android and iOS.
- Familiarity with Section 508 and accessibility guidelines