What We Do
We are building the predictive analytics platform to make the world more productive, reliable, safe and secure. We take data from an expanding range of industries and combine our strengths in data science and software development to deliver solutions with actionable insights to companies worldwide. This creates quantifiable efficiencies for businesses, and dynamic challenges for us.
What You Do:
As an Account Executive for Uptake, you will expand our sales efforts by taking our products to market. You will drive new revenue and deliver world-class support by educating companies across the industrial sector about our data-driven products. This SaaS sales position requires as much expertise with client communication as it does with internal collaboration, learning and iteration. Growing our sales organization requires talent that embraces the entrepreneurial nature of our business, who also have the operational savvy to know what’s right for our customers and our company long-term.
- Qualify prospective customers, develop new sales opportunities and ongoing revenue streams
- Engage with prospective customers and educate them about Uptake’s products
- Arrange and conduct initial product demonstrations and presentations
- Identify where in each customer’s environment Uptake is uniquely equipped to analyze data and deliver actionable insights
- Being the trusted advisor to the customer by understanding their existing and future IT roadmap to drive adoption of Uptake Products within the marketplace
- Partner with teammates across Customer Success, Finance, Operations and Product Training to ensure smooth onboarding for all clients
- Provide ongoing account management to ensure customer satisfaction and drive additional revenue streams
- Maintain relationships and rolling four quarter view of all accounts to better understand and forecast revenue, renewal and upsell opportunities
- Ensure all customer communication and internal knowledge sharing is documented in CRM
- Travel as-needed to support clients and implementation team
- 2+ years successful track record in an enterprise sales role involving a sophisticated suite of products or services, SaaS or PaaS preferred, with demonstrated account management skills
- Verifiable evidence of being an excellent communicator internally as well as externally. As we grow this sales function it is even more imperative that those who join have worked well collaboratively across various teams.
- Evidence of succeeding under minimal supervision, learning complex concepts and domains quickly
- Evidence of operating swiftly amidst ambiguity, displaying capability to adapt to the changing requirements of a growing company
- Demonstrated track record of developing a successful pipeline and channels for SaaS software solutions and applications or equivalent complexity
- SaaS / PaaS or big data sales experience strongly preferred
- B2B / Enterprise Sales experience strongly preferred
- Relevant industry expertise includes: Energy, Rail, Mining, Construction, Smart Buildings, Logistics & Supply Chain, Cybersecurity, Aviation, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Chemicals
- Startup experience (strongly preferred)
- Analytics experience
Why Work Here
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.