The Copy Editor will work with the Communications lead and will be responsible for the copy editing of all assigned content for Oracle Sales and Partner Academy’s (OSPA) global sales audience. This includes all email communications and website text, as well as miscellaneous other text that may be event specific. This position is ideal for independent, fast-working individuals with a keen eye for detail, relevant copy editing experience, and excellent communication skills.
• Support OSPA’s Communications Manager by copy editing assigned content quickly and accurately.
• Convert Word-based content to HTML email templates and test links.
• Help Admins format course descriptions with HTML markup and test for accuracy.
• Format Word documents and PowerPoint presentations, as needed.
• Send HTML-formatted emails to large distribution lists.
• Update other web content.
• Act as final QA for copy.
• Proofread communications and all other content data and communicate clearly with content creators about proposed vs. required changes.
• Support and maintain OSPA copy guidelines, standards, and style guides.
• Excellent communication in English. Exceptional writer.
• Experience with markup languages such as HTML, CSS, and inline styles.
• Familiarity with email marketing automation tools and processes.
• At least 3 years of copy editing experience.
• Proficiency with copy editing technologies and web-based authoring and editing.
• Experience with bug tracking systems.
• The ability to juggle multiple tasks and change gears as necessary to meet publishing deadlines and unexpected changes in prioritization.
• Strong team skills and experience working with a wide variety of authors from very experienced to very junior.
• Deep communication skills - you are comfortable approaching content creators and team members to discuss concerns and possible changes in ways that are collaborative and encouraging.
• Experience building a copy editing function from scratch in a start-up type of atmosphere.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements