American International Group, Inc. (AIG) has an opportunity for a Director, Data & Analytics in New York. The primary purpose of the job is to lead the development and execution of senior executive level legal metrics, reporting & analysis aimed at delivering the greatest value for legal investment and improving the effectiveness of AIG’s legal operations Key responsibilities: Develop metrics and analysis that drive and inform critical business objectives. This includes validating business assumptions and helping drive business decisions with data. Lead development of highly visible metrics and analysis for executive leaders across Corporate and Claims. This includes leading planning and execution of all activities to ensure delivery of these items within stated timeframes. Manage the analytics on-demand request queue. This requires assessing and clarifying data and analysis requests from the business, assigning to proper team members and ensuring delivery within agreed upon timeframe. Partner and collaborate across Lines of Business to drive consistency in reporting and analysis methodologies and best practices that result in consistent data presentations, standardized definitions and more accurate reporting to senior leadership. This includes project management of short and long term projects, supporting development of automated reports and dashboards via metric definition, data sourcing, visualization design and validation of accuracy. Managing work load priorities across the team: In order to achieve desired work balance, maximize productivity and enhance collaboration within the larger team, this position requires: - Influencing team members by providing clear purpose, strong support, sense of direction and ongoing information sharing. - Balancing team’s effort and effectiveness with potential project value adds. - Aligning projects with organizational goals and managing client expectations. - Developing relevant skills and shifting employee focus to individual unique value adds.
* 5+ years of similar experience;
* Strong statistical capabilities;
* Advanced technical skills including MS Office Suite and additional statistical and analysis software;
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
* Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate findings of analyses;
* Strong leadership skills to drive high performing team;
* Ability to translate strategic management goals into tactical deliverables;
* Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred;
* Six Sigma experience preferred;
* Ability to derive clarity from ambiguity;
* Intellectual curiosity, a strong work ethic and commitment to a superior work product;
* Detail oriented with constant desire to manage quality, accuracy and timeliness of work products;
* Superior teamwork, interpersonal, communication and relationship skills;
* Resourceful and creative in approach to research and problem-solving;
* Excellent writing and presentation skills;
* Ability to work well in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment;
* Proven ability to balance multiple assignments and meet strict deadlines.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives