Title: Sr. Market Research Consultant II
LOB/Department: P&C/Competitive Intelligence Quote Comparisons
Summary of Responsibilities:
Provides quote comparisons for new and inforce rates to competitors. Uses internal and external data sources to create trend reports and complete competitive analysis at a granular level down to individual customer segments. Monitors and communicates competitor innovations and strategic shifts in their business model, including impact forecasting of such changes.
- High level individual contributor
- Works independently and possesses good technical ability
- Partners with other operational areas to identify opportunities for new projects. May lead cross functional teams.
- Builds strong working relations
- Provides competitor rate comparisons and other analytic market research to state product managers to augment rate indication data. Work with business partners to refine competitor input into rating engines for detailed segmentation analysis by state product managers.
- Mine internal data, including close ratio database to determine pricing, underwriting and marketing opportunities as well as detect early trends or changes in business profile.
- Collaborate with the Research Team, Data Science Team, Customer Segmentation Analytics and external vendors (predictive modelers, machine learning…) to identify new pricing and marketing opportunities or refine existing processes.
- Partner with business leads to identify additional sources of data to incorporate into competitive analysis, including building of the pipeline to bridge the external data sources with internal systems.
- Streamline incorporation of competitor data into product management workflow by standardizing such work while improving flexibility to drill down to risk segments at a very granular level.
- Participation in industry meetings and seminars to share trends and insights with Product Managers and Senior Leadership Team.
- Monitor/communicate significant countrywide/regional product, pricing, underwriting changes and innovations of competitors, including impact forecasting
- Evaluate feasibility of introducing competitor innovations into our product and/or rating platform.
- Examine competitor geographic shifts at a regional and countrywide level
- Partner with Sales and PM Leadership to exploit opportunities created by competitor actions
- Liaison with sales partners for comparative raters and other quoting engines relating to competitive intelligence.
- 12+ years of related business experience, 5+ years of related management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field highly preferred, Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of the property & casualty industry including underwriting, sales, claims, actuarial/pricing, etc…
- Advanced financial analysis skills and knowledge of pricing principles and financial drivers
- Intermediate programming, VBA, advanced Excel preferred
- Good with large data and very familiar with data manipulation, intermediate knowledge of rating
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.