ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
This is an engineering leadership role within the fast growing emerging Human Resources BU. This role is a great opportunity for an Engineering leader who has several years of experience building enterprise scale applications, who likes understanding business problems and effectively maps it to the technology used to develop the applications, gives highest priority to quality and performance and ready to make critical decisions in scenarios such as customer escalations and requirements prioritization.
What you get to do in this role:
- Duties include managing product development activities in a high pace environment.
- Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle for product implementation as well as custom built web applications on ServiceNow platform.
- Work closely with product management, UX and support/satellite teams for new features and upgrades.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Contribute and participate in reviews for architecture, design and code.
- Exercise appropriate influence to ensure commitment to customers and deliverable quality products.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the development team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resource, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing & maintaining a best-of-class platform development team.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Very strong technical skills with a proven record of strong architecture & design experience.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience building and managing development teams delivering high quality enterprise ready software within a global setup.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
- Hands-on engineer who has organically evolved/grown to a management role.
- Experience with Cloud Application Development Platforms will be a big plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to hire top talent and build out winning team.
- Knowledge of web development frameworks, integration platform, source code control systems.
- B.E/M.E/M.Tech in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent is a must.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.