WSG group is seeking a SoC Design Engineer to support SOC development for our next generation, mixed signal, wireless products. The role will include RTL design, design verification, synthesis and STA using an industry leading ASIC design flow. It will require a proactive candidate with a proven record of success in cross functional and cross site team environments.
· Candidate will perform hands on technical activities for the WSG Silicon Development Team including the creation of digital IP for mixed signal subsystems.
· Candidate will contribute to the integration of subsystems into ARM/MIPS processor based SOCs.
· Work with architecture and applications teams to ensure target specifications and customer requirements are achieved.
· Perform HDL design, verification, and debug at both the unit and full-chip level
· Validate and debug silicon products in support of release to production.
· Participate in spec reviews, code reviews, coverage analysis, etc. in support of corporate ISO Quality Systems
· Interface with applications, product and test engineering, marketing, development systems, technology development, CAD, layout and other design organizations
· Expertise in RTL coding using Verilog/SystemVerilog
· Knowledgeable in Chip level Design and Integration activities
· Hands on Experience with C Programming Language
· Proficiency in common UNIX scripting languages (Perl, Python, csh, etc.)
· Excellent debug skills in both functional and gate level simulations
· Good Knowledge of SOC peripherals like ADC/Timers/ECAN/USB/Ethernet
· Knowledge of revision control tools such as CVS, Perforce, DesignSync
· Working knowledge of semiconductor device physics, transistor characteristics, and associated layout considerations
· Solid Written and Verbal Communication skills
· Experience working with cross functional global teams
· Clear history of task ownership and proactively addressing issues
· Experience with ARM/MIPS processor based subsystems
· Experience with Verification Methodologies such as UVM/VMM
· Knowledge of Programming Languages such as C++ or System C
· Experience with synthesis and static timing tools
· Knowledge and exposure to complete SOC RTL to GDS to silicon release flow is desired
· Experience working on WiFi, WLAN, or Bluetooth products
BS or MS in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with 5+ years experience, MSEE preferred