• Budgeting: Lead site milling team with estate management in establishing annual FFB milling plan and execute it within the budget and standard & goals framework agreed.
• Customer Satisfaction:
• Ensure that the quality of production is maintained within customer specifications.
• Lead site milling team to implement/maintain certifications and execute improvements as required under ISO 9002, ISO 14001, RSPO, ISCC and Food Safety
• Lead site milling team in relation to customers in technical aspects and site execution, including customer’s complaints and investigation.
• Champion and implement Cargill and local environmental, health and safety policies and procedures.
• Liaise with governmental agencies on regulations, permits, operating licenses. Ensure no revoke on permits
• Meet EHS standards/target set by company
Productivity, Maintenance & Reliability:
• Define maintenance and productivity improvement program, and review/follow up on implementation/execution to maximize throughput, production continuity and maintain EDT below 3%
• Lead site milling team in peak season planning on timely basis and review/follow up on execution
• Review FFB supply schedule in relation to real estate delivery schedule on a weekly basis
Comply with and champion Cargill ethical standards/guiding principles.
• Procurement: Ensure proper procurement process is being followed. Review/follow up/enforce on compliance by team members. Ensure follow up is done for timely procurement.
• Review, supervise, challenge and ensure-enable projects are given us a competitive edge, meets insurance recommendations and reduces overall cost structure of facility.
• Lead and participate in project planning and implementation, engineering, procurement and negotiations, financial and cost control, quality control, health and safety, legal and disputes. Ensure proper document management in place.
• New projects: Lead and participate heavily with project manager to define detailed scope of project, conceptual design, detailed engineering and site execution
• Performance management process: Follow through on milling personnel performance management as per Cargill PMP criteria
• Employee engagement: Ensure a good working and living environment is maintained. Grievances are entertained and resolved with site management team as appropriate.
• Training and development: Define the required training and development needed for milling personnel as per skills assessment conducted or other analysis performed as per standard template, and provide/request for resources.
• Recruitment and hiring: Coordination with HR to ensure all mill positions are recruited/filled in a timely manner. Follow up on implementation/execution.
Minimum accountabilities, via working through direct reports:
• monthly safety inspection tours (as per health and safety general condition checklist)
• critical safety device review and compliance on boiler, turbine, process equipment
• safety and fire inspection tours
• corrective action list compliance
• monthly operations report including detailed yield/oil-kernel loss review
• standard and goals (TBSC) performance review with staff
• absenteeism and tardiness report review, corrections as needed (manage as per Employee Relations Handbook / Safety & Discipline behavior codes)
• inventory report review for maintenance and supplies
• scale/weighbridge check review
• waste water discharge compliance
• lab check sample program
• base level project monthly review and report
• closure of valid grievances
• product shipment quality within specification, review and monitor blending plan as appropriate
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Civil & Structure/Electrical Engineering.
• Knowledge: Technical/engineering calculations and theories. Remember or recall previously learned facts or content.
• Comprehension: Attach meaning to facts and information.
• Application: Use, apply transfer what you learned (engineering theories, calculations, technical facts, and other facts) to other situations.
• Analysis: Examine information by looking at its separate parts.
• Synthesis: Put together or combine what you have already learned, understood, and analyzed into something new and different.
• Evaluation: Make judgements about the work, or value, or quality of an idea or an item – a choice you can defend.
•Mechanical equipment, especially related to palm oil mill operations
• Engineering knowledge – unit operations and transport processes, fluid mechanics and thermodynamics
• Supervision and management
• Budget preparation
• Cost control
• Accounting / Management Reporting comprehension
• Local government relations: Liaisons with Labor department for permitting and regulations in relation to plant operations (pressure vessels, etc.)
• US OSHA standards
Knowledge: All areas must be at “application level”.
• 80% minimum to “analysis level”.
• “Expert” or “evaluation” level in most areas.
Specialized Knowledge And/Or Skills
• Engineering degree from a recognized institution
• At least 8 years in manufacturing industry, and at least 3 years experience in managing multiple locations (2 or more) with a workforce of more than 100
• Experience in palm oil milling is preferred.
• Good financial and budgeting skills
• Good people management skills
• Strong in EHS / very knowledgeable in processing and/or construction safety
• Knowledgeable in ISO and RSPO.
• Proven leadership skills in starting/building mode
CASC APAC BOSC
Leni Mathavani Manager I BOM_ENG_M_3 - ENGINEERING MANAGER I Oct 18, 2017 In the country of posted position