Bermuda-Southampton-The Fairmont Southampton
Assistant Director of Food & Beverage
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. Grow your leadership strengths as Assistant Director, Food & Beverage, where you will ensure outstanding operating results through exciting menu offerings and promotions, an engaged team and consistent guest satisfaction.
Hotel Overview: Reigning from Bermuda's highest point, over a majestic 100 acre estate, Fairmont Southampton is located on the southern shore of Bermuda. Fairmont Southampton has been the Island's premier luxury resort since its opening in 1972 and is regarded as a leader in the hospitality industry on the Island.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Overseeing all Food & Beverage outlets and Banquets under the direction of the Director of Food & Beverage
- Assisting with recruiting, training, developing, coaching and effectively managing Food & Beverage team; including performance management
- Ensuring guest satisfaction, conducting investigations and resolving concerns/complaints
- Assisting with enhancing and monitoring guest service standards
- Assisting with developing menus, wine lists, sales and marketing strategies
- Liaising with the Director to maintain adequate par levels; effectively managing ordering, receiving and inventory process
- Managing beverage inventory to include inventory audits
- Assisting with the department's financial management and cost control initiatives
- Maintaining an effective loss prevention programme, health and safety standards and emergency procedures
- Assisting with implementing training programmes, processes and new systems
- Managing, prioritizing and leading multiple projects and tasks within strict deadlines
- Preparing various reports
- Participating in and leading various meetings and committees
- Deputize in the absence of thee Director of Food & Beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Hospitality Management and/or Food & Beverage Management Degree or Diploma preferred
- 4 years' experience in a multi-faceted Food & Beverage operation, including 2 years experience as a department head, preferably in a luxury resort
- Experience in a unionized environment an asset
- Demonstrated leadership, management and team development skills
- Demonstrated competence in financial management and data analysis
- Superior interpersonal, communication, customer service, team development, organization, multi-tasking, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Proven record of successfully working independently
- Successful record of leading effective teams
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a demanding, multi-cultural, diverse environment within required deadlines
- Must be flexible to work schedule which includes nights, weekends and public holidays
- Proficient with Delphi, Micros P.O.S. System and MS Office required
Visa Requirements: Non-Bermudian candidates will need to qualify for a Bermuda Department of Immigration work permit applied for by Fairmont Southampton. Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Bermuda.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Management / Supervisory
01.Dec.2017, 3:59:00 AM