- Job: 17458-MKAI
- Location: US-MA-Natick
- Department: Web Applications and Services
We’re looking for a Senior UI Engineer with a desire to build a world class UI library for engineering and scientific computing applications. You should be highly skilled at developing UI components and abstractions that are maintainable, extensible, and reusable. You will work with a cross-functional team of engineers and designers to deliver robust, high quality solutions in a fast-paced, fun, and highly collaborative environment.
- Architect and build an extensible UI library, components, and styles to standardize the user experience and user interface design across our products
- Deep software engineering skills (refactoring, API design, version controls systems, etc.)
- Strong CS fundamentals (common data structures, algorithms, performance profiling, etc.)
- Extremely detail-oriented and exacting, with a goal of creating the best possible experience for our users
- A passion for quality and developing tests to deliver robust and resilient software
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Expertise with HTML
- Expertise with CSS
- Experience in technical leadership within an agile development team
- Excellent design skills, familiarity with Agile development practices, continuous delivery and automated testing
- Experience with Web Components, WebWorkers, ECMAScript 2015 (ES6), WebSockets
Nice to Have:
- Web UI framework level design and development experience
- Web application system architecture design experience (full stack architecture)
- Experience with package management systems (npm, Bower, Maven, etc.)
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 3500 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.