Posting Job Title
USAF Inspection Technician
USAF Inspection Technician
Inspection Section (LRS) is responsible for conducting limited inspector training to all personnel assigned materiel manager limited inspector duties, IAW AFI 23-101/126.96.36.199 where equipment accounts must be reconciled / inventoried with 100% compliance required. Act as the Chief Inspector responsible to oversee the COSIS for all warehouse operations, all in accordance with the contract SOW and relevant Air Force Instructions.
- Establish and maintain the identification of items received, stored, issued, shipped, and transferred. Validate and process all identity changes for materiel for which the LRS/CC is responsible.
- Maintain a file of all active TCTOs for items in warehouse stockrooms.
- Accept or reject items delivered under contracts that require acceptance at the destination. NWRM assets received under contract will not be rejected.
- Coordinate with maintenance to determine if items suspected as damaged should be repaired or disposed.
- Store incomplete items and notify LRS TCTO Monitor to initiate issue requests for items that are needed to bring incomplete assemblies to a serviceable condition.
- Work/clear delinquent documents within twenty four (24) hours of occurrence, work/clear rejects within twenty four (24) hours of occurrence, work/clear delinquent shipments within twenty four (24) hours of receiving the delinquency listing.
- Ensure classified, sensitive, pilferable and COMSEC items are properly identified, handled, shipped and stored, with 100% compliance required.
- Perform housekeeping duties within area and help maintain a safe working environment
- Manage reverse posts; including completing research, documentation, and reverse-post and repost transactions to correct error conditions.
- Experience with US Air Force Supply Computer System - ESS, LIMS-EV. HazMat certificate for storage, handling distribution and shipping. Must have Forklift certificate up to 7/10 ton
- Valid Driver's License
- Must have proven experience of functions and activities relating to USAF Supply material management requirements and computer systems, predominantly in an Inspection role.
- An understanding of US Air force instructions with the ability to research AFI/AFM for clarification and compliance.
- Minimum four years' service in U.S. Air Force Supply preferably E4/5 in career field 2S051.
- Preferred knowledge of other USAF Supply Management functions, with the ability to assist with secondary duty functions in APS, FSC, Inventory, Customer Service and Central Storage.
- Proficient in the use of computers Microsoft Windows and Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Good oral and written communications skills required with excellent organizational abilities and customer facing experience.