Auto req ID: 5815BR
Title: IT QA Test Lead
Job Function: Information Services/Technology
State and City: Multiple Locations
Company: Harley-Davidson Financial Services
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
This is a hand’s on QA Test Lead position that will be primarily responsible for reviewing deliverables by QA Analysts and Quality Engineers as well as organizing their efforts on various projects. This position will also require the ability to create and maintain documents and deliverables associated with manual and automated enterprise applications testing. This position requires strong technical, analytical, and communication skills (verbal and written) and a desire to maintain a high degree of quality. As this is a senior lead position, it requires the ability to understand the benefits of automation and how to leverage it on various projects. The QA Test Lead will work closely with external groups to increase the quality of software delivered, including the development group to improve unit testing, systems analysts to improve requirements quality, business users and user testing groups to improve completeness of user testing.
• Lead Quality Engineers in developing Automation to certify the software.
• Lead Quality Analysts by assisting with the development of test approaches and test cases
• Review and approve system test plans
• Creates and maintain testing processes, procedures, and documentation
• Attends and participates in requirements, design, and code reviews and walkthroughs
• Estimates testing effort and develops test schedules.
• Allocates/schedules test environments, analysts and test engineers.
• Executes tests, records test results. Identifies and tracks any defects to full resolution
• Manages and monitors the defect tracking processes and tools used by QA.
• Plans and facilitates testing meetings to develop test plans, resolve issues, and coordinate activities
• Develops, maintains, and maintains a suite of software metrics suite and publishes for each project and for overall QA processes.
• Mentors and trains Quality Analysts as well as Developers, User Acceptance Tester, and Analysts in test processes and methodologies.
• Responsible for protecting employees, customers and corporate information. Follows established physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, including policies regarding data protection, segregation of duties, use of passwords, and access to information based solely on business need. In addition, any company-proprietary information (including but not limited to customer information) may not be transferred or transported outside of HDI by employees upon leaving the company.
• Maintains a current awareness and understanding of appropriate regulatory and internal policies/procedures.
• B.A./B.S in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. Advanced degree a plus.
• 5+ years of professional experience in QA and Systems Testing or related I.T. field.
• 3+ years of experience testing database technologies with strong SQL skills
• Ability to provide good estimates and manage testing issues, along with flexibility and the ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and priorities.
• Understanding of risk management as it relates to systems test planning and in-depth knowledge of the SDLC as well as various software testing methodologies.
• Experience in development of test cases, test plans, system testing, integration/stub testing, regression testing, performance testing and release testing. Willing and able to take a hands-on approach when necessary.
• Experienced with establishing and reporting of defect and process metrics.
• Communicates well, written and verbally. Comfortable communicating to all levels of the organization.
• Highly experienced writing test plans and test cases, and documenting software defects and anomalies.
• Experienced with the following testing tools: Quality Center/ALM, UFT, LoadRunner
• Experienced with the development of automated test scripts using UFT and Loadrunner.
• Microsoft productivity tools (Word, Excel, PPT, Access, Visio, Project)
Open to Plano, Texas and Carson City, Nevada
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 10-25%