Elsevier’s Patient Engagement solutions and technology engage, educate and empower patients by giving them quick access to the same evidence-based information you trust, but delivered in interactive and patient-friendly ways. This turns patients into active participants in their healthcare, not only while they’re with their care team but, more importantly, at home where most of their care will take place.
The successful candidate will work with management to implement the automation strategy and to plan and execute effective and efficient performance and automation testing to accomplish on-time and efficient delivery of high-quality software products and/or data.
Experience, Technical Skills & Education:
- 10+ years of Quality Test Engineering experience
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies.
- 3+ years experience developing automated tests with C# .Net and Selenium.
- Ability to lead the development and execution of performance and automation testing for large scale projects.
- Experience working on lean/agile delivery teams.
- 1+ years experience leading QA teams preferred.
- Experience with mobile device testing, HL7, SQL, Jira, and Zephyr preferred.
- Experience with source control tools - TFS and Git - preferred.
- Experience with Cloud platforms (especially AWS) preferred.
- Experience with build and release management tools (especially Visual Studio Team System) preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the software development process.
- Strong knowledge of process improvement.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends.
- Research skills (tools/root cause analysis).
- Exhibits innovative approaches to process improvement.
- Administration of testing tools/environments.
- Strong organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and strong delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc., including diction/terminology and presenting information in a concise and effective manner to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required, advanced degree preferred.
Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Our breadth of content is unparalleled, spanning virtually every STM field in the world and includes such distinguished brands as Gray's Anatomy, The Lancet and Cell. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. And physicians in 95 percent of teaching hospitals rely on ClinicalKey to get critical information that can save lives.
Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.