At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Responsible for the IT portfolio for multiple business sectors across geographic areas. Influences and shapes the portfolio to enhance organizational strategy and global information management through successful, consistent, and predictable delivery of programs, projects and applications. Achieves this through an IT demand governance organization which partners with the business, has excellent understanding of the business strategies and processes, and is aware of the evolution of technologies, and takes into account regulations relevant to the business area.
- Understands and contributes to sector strategy and translates business strategy into an aligned IT strategy and portfolio of programs, projects and applications.
- Champion change and innovation. Stimulates creativity and innovation in others. Open to new ideas. Supports those who initiate change and take risks. Promotes a Global Perspective.
- Constant awareness of evolving regulatory requirements and their applicability to the business process and IT portfolio, and influences the IT stakeholders and partners in addressing these evolutions in the most efficient way.
- Understands the business of the sector and ensures that IT solutions meet the needs of the business.
- Understand the specific challenges and opportunities linked to the regulatory, legal and economic situation across countries and business units.
- Consulting toward sector senior leadership on IT strategy, tools and solutions. Recommend solutions assuring fit with BU direction, strategy and priorities. Where needed, involve area or functional BRM and IT business consultants, as well as external expertise.
- Develops, proposes, sells and implements innovative solutions to improve business outcomes in support of the business strategies.
- Influence and partner with business leaders (Sr. Director/VP level) to manage the IT portfolio. Close collaboration with other parts of BU IT, Global Information Services, and other corporate Sector Staff departments, external partners and customers to ensure adequate and timely delivery of agreed services, in line with agreed service levels.
- Partner and collaborate with key IT staff of other Abbott divisions in order to support cross divisional business initiatives, and explore IT synergies and efficiencies.
- In collaboration with business leadership, shapes the portfolio of programs, projects and applications and ensures that the overall sector IT long range plan and budget are aligned.
- Align the sector portfolios with business unit leadership, identify conflicts and synergies and act upon them accordingly.
- Negotiates for and secures resources to meet the long range needs of the business.
- Oversee and control Sector IT budgets, project capital/RCE expenditures and ROI.
- Oversee and control BRM team budgets, project capital/RCE expenditures.
- Continually drive opportunities for cost reductions and cost avoidance.
- Responsible for all aspects of people leadership for the BRM team; setting expectations, coaching, counseling, developing, evaluating, feedback, hiring, discipline and separation. Determine necessary skills set.
- Confronts and deals with people issues in a constructive and timely manner. Responsible for overall morale of team and promotes cohesive attitude.
- Establishes staffing/resources plans determining appropriate mix of sourcing opportunities. Responsible for overall organizational effectiveness.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
- Directly manages 4+ leads and managers, and 10+ indirect reports and project staff.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, business administration or another discipline relevant for the healthcare industry or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 15 years IT experience in large or mid-size multinational healthcare. Broad IT expertise in various disciplines, like systems development, infrastructure, change management, etc. At least 5 years project management experience. Additional experience in setting IT strategy and business IT alignment.
- Strong organizational skills, including program/project governance and increased levels of staff oversight.
- Strong interdisciplinary, intercultural, influence, and networking skills.
- Experience with GxP validation.
- Experience with vendor management.
- Qualifications in project and program management.
- Pharma/Medical Device commercial, development, and manufacturing business process knowledge, as related to IT.
- Broad knowledge of all technologies used or to be used by the internal customer, their external customers and internal partners.
- Strong influence and negotiating skills.
- Experience leading teams - both with direct staff and indirect project teams.
IT Business Relationship Management
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States > Minnesota : One St Jude Medical Drive
Yes, 15 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf