Elsevier is a global leader in the development and dissemination of scientific, technological and medical knowledge. We serve researchers, professionals, and clinicians, through the application of technology and analytics to content, empowering them to create knowledge, contribute to social progress, and enhance human well-being. This is what Elsevier means to humankind today. Translate that into career fulfillment and you will know the real benefits of joining a company of people that is constantly innovating to inspire ground breaking research.
Responsible for supporting the group reporting of the legal entities under control of GFS Asia. Be the business partner for business units. Coordinate resolution of accounting issues and ensure global processes and reporting is aligned. Responsible for all aspects of accounting for set of books assigned. Ensure that all aspects of book accounting are carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures. Ensure that polices are aligned across companies.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure all entries related to book accounting are posted to general ledger in an accurate and timely manner and prepare management reports for the assigned sets of books.
- Ensure that group accounting policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that processes are simplified, streamlined anｄ standardized, end to end processes.
- Highlight internal control gaps and resolve the gaps in a timely manner.
- Ensure that monthly journal entries posted are correct and complete.
- Reconcile accounts and Ensure all discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner.
- Improve and aligned reports to global standards.
- Assist in statutory audit, tax audit and legal compliance / documentations and ensure that these are completed on timely basis.
- Support other team members whenever possible.
-Ensure withholding & VAT tax filed in a timely manner.
-Issue local tax invoices and reconcile to accounts.
-Prepare payroll with related tax & pension
-Register & update employee status to national pension & insurance
- Manage the AP process, from invoice processing to payments. (eg Key in payables into accounting systems, arrange payment by uploading requirement into banks' internet banking)
- Ensure Month-end closing activities are done on timely basis.
Cash applications of receipts on timely basis, ensure local tax invoice issued and reconciled to the ledgers.
Liaise with customers to ensure correct cash applications, and reconciliations is done of timely basis.
Any assignments as and when required.
Connects Group to Outside World
Drives for results
Technical and Professional Expertise
Solves Problems and Analyzes Issues
Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically
This is a part-time, 25 hours/week position