Principal Software Engineer
Norton Support Engineering - Live Help
- Works with little or no supervision. Is able to take general direction and formulate specific tasks to accomplish the desired end result.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of complete software components.
- Anticipates problems and future technical needs and takes necessary corrective steps to ensure they are addressed.
- Is looked upon to offer direction, guidance and mentoring to lesser skilled individuals on the team.
- Completes analysis, development and/or maintenance of highly complex, undefined tasks.
- May act as team lead or technical lead for a large portion of or an entire project.
- Designs, develops and maintains high-quality code for highly complex components in a given product.
- May assist in setting technical product direction by analyzing industry trends, competitive information and product requirements.
- Has the ability to work on, prioritize and manage multiple assignments and projects
- Extensive PHP/Moodle development experience, preferably gained on complex, multi-tier, web-based business applications
- Development and deployment experience on Linux and Windows operating systems
- Agile methodologies (unit testing, continuous integration, continuous deployment, etc.)
- IT hosted and cloud hosted (AWS, Azure) applications
- IT hosted and cloud hosted (AWS, Azure) databases
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience 6-8 years and should have strong knowledge of required programming languages.
Personal Qualities Required:
- Motivation for problem solving and learning
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to think laterally in solving problems
- Ability to adapt to new changes and learn quickly
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Good organizational skills, efficient and self-motivated
- Needs to be willing to learn and apply the technical details of new development environments and tools
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.