Asana is building a world-class Finance team to help achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values.
We are looking for an Associate to join our growing team and help scale the FP&A practices at a fast-growing company. You will be integrally involved in building out the finance foundations of our organization, as well as implementing an efficient and effective financial planning process. You will help drive increased revenue optimization of our fly-wheel business model, help establish best-in-class forecasting and budgeting practices, and will provide business insights and decision-making support to teams across the Asana organization.
The ideal candidate will exhibit superior analytical abilities, critical thinking, relentlessness and intellectual curiosity as well as exceptional communication skills.
- Support strategic short and long-term business decisions through financial modeling and analysis
- Implement processes and tools as needed to help scale the FP&A team; help run a company-wide planning and forecasting process that is efficient and effective
- Become a trusted resource to provide financial insight and decision support for business leaders and teams company-wide
- Monitor key operational/financial drivers; communicate business performance to senior leadership
- Develop a deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities on a global scale
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses as required
- 2+ years of applicable experience in FP&A at a fast growing company or background in a highly quantitative field (Investment Banking or similar)
- Excellent business judgement and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work cross-functionally through superior process, planning and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to turn data into actionable insights and recommendations
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and presentation software (Google Slides)
- Strong understanding of corporate finance concepts and accounting principles
- Calmness in the face of uncertainty and hyper growth
Nice to Haves
- First-hand knowledge of Enterprise software and / or SaaS business models
- Strong track record of presenting complex financial analyses clearly and concisely to executive / senior management
- Experience with ERP softwares and business planning / business intelligence systems, and / or using a BI tool like Looker, Tableau, Qlik (we use Looker)
- Degree in finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, or a similar field