At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Trane Senior Software Engineer will be working in the digital organization on a highly integrated team in a software development role with today’s latest software technologies. This is an ideal opportunity for someone interested in design and development of next generation building automation controls and tools. The position will work with a global software engineering team in fast pace and adaptive environment responsible for design, construction and testing of software components that serve UI to the end user and/or interface with embedded HVAC controllers or other systems and devices used to monitor systems in buildings. The focus will be Enterprise Building Management web application that manages all aspects of customer’s buildingsResponsibilities:
- Leadership - Coordination of planning, tracking, scheduling, risk assessment and task assignments for global development teams. Mentoring, management liaison, progress reporting, decision-making and conflict management.
- Architecture – Provide leadership in partitioning software products and families of software products into distinct components in order to meet business and engineering goals such as customer usability, component reusability, consistency, extensibility and maintainability. Drive trade-offs between possible approaches and turn into strategies that guide design and implementation by development teams.
- Requirements Analysis - Understand fundamentals of requirements analysis, elaboration of component requirements to software requirements, provide feedback in areas such as completeness, practicality, measurability and testability.
- Task Estimation - Prepare accurate estimates for all project assignments and activities.
- Understand construction fundamentals; minimize complexity, anticipate change, plan for verification. Make appropriate use of planning, modeling, reuse and measurement.
- Software Design - Understand and apply generally accepted best practices in design methodology.
- Understand key issues and use proper techniques for concurrency, event handling, distribution of components, exception handling, etc.
- Understand and make use of common design patterns.
- Testing - Understand the role and use of testing throughout the life cycle. Create and execute test plans and test software at appropriate times in the development cycle.
- Quality - Understand and use methodologies that promote the creation of quality software.
- Ability to meet short- and long-term deadlines.
- Effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to work with offshore development teams
- Demonstrate ability to cope with stress and maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate ability to perform mental tasks such as making decisions, learning, thinking rationally and exercising good judgment
- Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline required.
· 7+ years of developing software using object-oriented design and implementation required.
· Experience working with communication protocols, real time data, and multi-threaded programming desired
· Backend development – Experience in C# and Java required
· Strong database skills (Oracle, SQL Server and NoSql databases)
· Experience in RESTful web services and API development
· Experience building cloud application (Amazon AWS) desired
· Experience with Agile/SCRUM development process desired
· Experience working with geographically dispersed teams desired
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
C# C# C# C# java java java java java
North America-United States-Minnesota
St Paul MN 4833 White Bear
4833 White Bear Parkway
Oct 16, 2017, 10:36:15 AM