• Work directly with PayPal customers (developers, merchants) and internal teams on post-integration (live) issues by providing both live and written technical guidance.
• Troubleshoot technical issues related to client code and libraries, connectivity, networking, PayPal software (1st and 3rd party), hardware, etc.
• Assist with the integration and configuration of the PayPal APIs and products across multiple channels, including mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets. Share PayPal integration best practices on optimal integration strategies and techniques.
• Communicate live issues to merchants and internal stakeholders.
• Identify, troubleshoot, and run test scenarios for technical issues with PayPal code, software, hardware, devices and endpoints, and communicate fixes or workarounds for an issue.
• Generate and review in-depth technical information (Sample code, white papers, FAQs, blogs, Snippets) for distribution to PayPal merchants.
• Responsible with other departments throughout NA and PayPal on ideas to improve/implement strategy and adjust processes to meet/exceed the objectives outlines for collaborating for each PayPal product.
• Establish strong working relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure excellent information flow and feedback on impacts of process, policy and product changes.
• Give presentations to audiences of varying sizes (In person and over the phone).
• Customer Focus
• Problem Solving
• Technical Skills
• Drive for Results
• Strong verbal (phone) communication skills utilizing active listening and clearly speaking to customers
• Strong written (email) communication utilizing proper grammar and punctuation
• Ability to work independently while making sound recommendations to merchants and to internal PayPal teams
• Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through
• Ability to multitask multiple systems, screens, and tasks during customer contacts
• Time Management and Adherence to schedules
• Ability to support on-call and off business hours escalations.
• Experience with: (able to provide complex examples with no resources)
• Experience with shell scripting and Linux/Unix commands
• Understanding of web technologies, including the XML, SOAP, API, HTTP/HTTPS, HTML and TCP/IP
• Understanding of firewalls and proxies, including experience with troubleshooting
• Preferred Experience with: (able to provide examples with resources quickly)
• Experience with mobile operating systems, such as Android and iOS
• Windows command line (DOS) interface
• Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills required
• Understanding of payment processing and gateways
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience required. BSEE, BS, CS or other relevant technical degree.
• This position requires sitting, typing and repetitive motions
• Two (2) or more years’ experience in Software Product Development or Technical Support role.
• Two (2) or more years’ experience in troubleshooting technical issues in a live environment.
• One (1) or more years’ experience with Payments (Credit Card, Banking, Online, Offline), especially with eCommerce systems, payments gateways and payment processors. PayPal specific product knowledge strongly preferred.
• One (1) or more years’ experience in call center environment preferred.
• One (1) or more years’ experience with PayPal fraud and risk models strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of SalesForce, RightNow, or other support/sales CRM preferred.