What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Generates Small Business loans, deposits and fee income for the Regional Banking Group. Develops new business banking relationships both independently and in partnership with Branch Managers and other Branch sales staff. Responsible for originating and boarding new business relationships in designated area. Business target market is companies, including sole proprietorships, with sales generally around $10 million in annual revenues.
Essential Job Functions
1. Generates new business through prospecting, outside calling, networking and referrals. Makes a substantial number of outside, in-person calls on prospects and clients throughout a designated geography
2. Achieves quarterly goals through business generation of small business loans, deposits, cash management and other products detailed in the Business Banking Officers' incentive plan.
3. Develops and implements marketing activities within the budgetary constraints established by supervisor. Also works with the retail Regional Manager and/or Branch Manager to develop and implement marketing plans. Marketing area is designated by the National Small Business Banking Manager. Marketing activities outside designated area will require supervisory approval
4. Works to foster new and expand existing customer relationships through cross-selling products and services
5. Maintains and applies a thorough understanding of the bank's credit policy, client eligibility and all necessary business practices to ensure the submission of accurate and complete loan application packages.
6. Actively participates in local business functions with assigned marketing area.
7. Provides management with input regarding current policies and practices
8. Assists the bank in the promotion of all product lines offered in assigned market Generates loans that maintain an acceptable level of performance. Assists special assets and credit services in any requested servicing action within assigned marketing area
9. Gathers market intelligence so that market opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur.
10. Ensures that operating procedures are in compliance with the approved policies and procedures of the bank and with applicable regulations
11. Participate in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank. Ensures compliance with bank CRA programs
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School - Required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Admin., finance, accounting - Preferred
· Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management.
· Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Sales and Sales Related
Oct 13, 2017, 6:29:49 PM