Informatica is the only Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader that accelerates data-driven digital transformation. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions. With over 7,000 customers worldwide, Informatica is the trusted leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management.
Informatica Data Security Group (DSG) is a product development team who focus on development of Industry Leading Data Security Products. The products help customers to discover and protect sensitive data across the enterprise. See the URL for additional details: https://www.informatica.com/products/data-security.html
As a Senior Performance Quality Engineer, you will participate in the testing effort of enterprise software. You will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write test automation frameworks, programs to assure high product quality, and develop advanced test tools using Java to increase productivity and efficiency. You will play a key role in on-time product delivery with high quality and drive customer success through R&D level support and related engagements.
The position is suited for highly motivated, innovative and energetic individuals with a desire to work on the latest technology stack. You will work on a broad spectrum of technologies including the latest and emerging technologies in the Big Data space.
Our Ideal Candidate
This position is suited for highly energetic self-driven individual who aspires to achieve challenging goals as part of his career objective. As an ideal candidate, you shall be responsible for developing automation framework, conducting functional, concurrency, tests with efficient usage of automation tools and API testing, and also provide feedback and advice to product development. You shall be able to efficiently prioritize and organize your tasks. You take ownership of component(s) and ensure that all aspects of quality are met. You have passion towards quality and are a constant innovator and process improvement to SQA procedures.
As part of the Informatica performance testing team, you will
• Execute performance tests for the product functionalities and Benchmarking.
• Monitoring of servers during performance tests and reporting performance metrics.
• Develop performance test plans, test cases based on requirements and Customer/Field use cases.
• Work closely with the development teams to analyze the performance issues, debug and resolve any issues.
• Presenting performance results to product teams and senior management.
• Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities.
• Bachelor / Masters in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline from top tier engineering schools
• 5+ years of strong experience in performance engineering.
• Strong knowledge on all aspects of performance engineering and software lifecycle.
• Experience in customer interactions and problem-solving skills on live systems.
• Experience in benchmarking of the product and sizing of hardware for required workloads.
• Experience in identifying bottlenecks & measuring performance across all layers.
• Strong working knowledge in Linux/Unix Operating System and performance monitoring utilities.
• Hands-on experience in any of the performance testing tools like Jmeter/Loadrunner etc.
• Strong database knowledge in terms of monitoring the DB, identifying DB bottlenecks etc.
• Experience in SQL tuning and DB tuning.
• Very good knowledge on any of the programming languages like C++/Java.
• Strong knowledge in any of the java monitoring tools like jprofile/jproble/yourkit etc. and experience in analyzing memory leaks, heap dumps, thread dumps etc.
• Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills.
• Clarity and precision in verbal and written communication.
• Ability to learn new skills quickly as needed.
• Knowledge in Big data concepts like Hadoop, mongoDB etc.
• Knowledge in Data integration tools preferably Informatica tools.
• Knowledge on multiple databases.
• Perl/Shell scripting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.