About the role
An opportunity has become available for a Senior Account Executive to join our Construction practice, based in, Melbourne. In this role, you will be managing a portfolio of medium to large corporate accounts as well as working both individually and in a team environment on large and complex projects, ensuring high quality customer service is provided at all times.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Meeting and exceeding service standards agreed while taking a pro-active approach to all aspects of account management and service delivery to clients
- Ensuring client needs are identified and implement successful account retention and defence strategies
- Maintaining an awareness of all large and potentially complicated claim related matters and assist claims personnel in the negotiation of equitable claim settlements on behalf of clients
- Possessing a thorough understanding of financial and professional classes of insurance which the Company offers to its clients and keep abreast of all new technical issues and product developments
- Developing and maintaining meaningful working relationships with insurers, clients and colleagues through regular contact and interaction
- Actively developing additional business from existing portfolio
Skills & Experience required:
- Ideally, a minimum of 5 years broking experience within general lines
- Prior experience managing a portfolio (medium to large corporate accounts)
- Possess a thorough understanding of all aspects of insurance and indemnity provisions of various forms of Construction contracts (desirable)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Tier 1 FSRA Compliance is essential and a tertiary qualification in Insurance Broking will be highly regarded but not essential
- Exceptional communication, influencing, and negotiation skills
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Marsh’s approximately 30,000 colleagues work together to serve clients in more than 130 countries. Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people.
This is an exciting and challenging role that offers a highly supportive and collaborative team environment. To APPLY, please send your resume to Parisa Holden by using the link provided.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.
Marsh is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.