Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay China Center of Excellence is seeking senior software talents to be part of our Platform Frameworks team. Platform Frameworks team is the driving force for eBay’s application platform, including mainstream technical stacks (Java, Node.js, Scala, etc.) across multiple layers (presentation, service, batch), developer experience (eco-system for tech stacks, like IDE, build system, etc.), application security (key, certificate, authentication, authorization, rate limiting, encryption/decryption, etc.), site performance engineering (CDN, site speed, mobile app speed, etc.) and various platform services (like web resource management, metadata management, config management, content management, etc.).
The detailed responsibilities include:
- Work with other engineers, development managers, product managers, QE, and operation teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability while meeting realistic implementation schedules and adhering to development goals and principles.
- Conduct thorough research/investigation, raise appropriate proposals, estimate engineering efforts, plan implementations, and rollout system changes.
- Lead small team consisting of few engineers.
- Share release management duties during feature rollouts and share production support responsibilities.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent and above in CS or related fields
- Deep knowledge on object-oriented design methodology and distributed software development
- Familiar with Java/JEE and deep knowledge on popular open source frameworks (like Spring)
- Familiar with Web Services (both SOA/XML and Restful) and popular DB systems (like Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Good communicator and team player, proactive, self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Strong ability to understand and articulate both technical and business issues with peers, management, and external teams.
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience on languages like Node.js, Scala/Akka is a big plus.
- Experience on application security like key, certificate, encryption/decryption is a big plus.
View our accessibility info