Manager, Commercial Lines Underwriting (Florida)
: Orlando, FL
Are you looking for a position that offers advancement opportunities, great benefits and recognition for a job well done? Join MAFPRE Insurance!
MAPFRE Insurance is a forward thinking insurance company offering friendly service from over 2,000 professionals focused on taking care of you and your family. For decades, MAPFRE Insurance has been protecting families and their possessions with quality insurance coverage and a strong commitment to service excellence.
Your Future Starts Here!
Manager, Commercial Lines Underwriting
Higher levels considered commensurate with experience.
*Offices in Miami or Orlando.
Working through assigned underwriting staff, provides direction and support to Regions to ensure profitable growth in line with Regional objectives. Follows principles and practices established by the Home Office while accounting for Regional differences. Identifies systems and procedures that will improve the effectiveness and/or efficiency of the department's operational performance. Directs the efforts of the department to assure quality agency relations are maintained, and works to assure each agent maintains a profitable book of business. Collaborates with Product Management, Business Development, and National Underwriting, IT and the Commercial Services Department.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, or equivalent related experience preferred.
- Experience: 9 - 11 years or Master's Degree equivalent plus 7 - 9 years.
- Knowledge: Complete understanding and knowledge of industry, practices, standards, and concepts within field of work and broad business segment. Solid knowledge of management practices.
- Decision Making: Influences development of overall objectives including long-range goals for the organization. Typically exercises judgment within broadly defined policies and practices. Establishes, modifies operating policies and procedures that affect subordinate units. Recommends modifications to broad operating policies which may impact projects, operations, and considerable expenditure risk and major portions of operations. Problems are generally diverse, complex and impact major business segments.
- Supervision Received: Work is received in objective-oriented terms, with an emphasis on strategic as well as more near-term priorities. Work is reviewed from a strategic, relatively long-term perspective against major objectives.
- Leadership: Middle manager who typically manages high level exempt employees, subordinate managers or supervisors and may manage multiple functions disciplines. Provides guidance based on organizational goals and company policy. Responsible for numerous functional and or technical projects. Develops and administers budgets, schedules, and performance requirements.
- Problem Solving /Operations/Direct Work Involvement: Responsible for all projects assigned to subordinate unit. Acts as advisor to subordinate supervisors, managers, staff, to resolve technical or operational problems. Subject to approval, modifies organizational structure.
- Client Contacts: Frequent contacts with internal and external parties at various management levels concerning operations or scheduling project phases. Communication typically involves persuasion, and negotiation with middle management levels. May interface with senior management.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Three years prior underwriting supervisory or management experience.
Ability to work collaboratively with other functional areas.
Working knowledge of rate setting, product management, IT, policy services and communications.
MAPFRE is committed to recognizing our employees as our most valuable resource. We know our employees are the foundation for our accomplishments. That’s why we offer so many opportunities to share in the success they help us achieve.
We are MAPFRE. We are people who take care of people.
If you require an accommodation for a disability so that you may participate in the selection process, you are encouraged to contact the MAPFRE Insurance Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.