IBM India since 1992 provides solutions and services spanning all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and manage an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services – be it transformational outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services.
Who you are:
- You will be involved Data base Management Administration, Good scripting knowledge to implement DB related scripts/jobs.
- Should be aware of the different roles and privileges available to be granted to the users
What you’ll do:
- Should have knowledge on all Administration Tools of Database Server - SQL Manager, SQL Server Surface Area Manager.
- You will be supporting on SME & L2 and L3 on SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014n-depth knowledge on SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 ,2014 & latest versions with proven migration experience.
- Should have ability to design and deploy new database servers according to the client requirements
- Extensive know-how of Net Architecture and experience in implementing advanced concepts like Clusters
- Ability to identify performance bottlenecks arising out of network issues.
- Should have command on all versions of Windows Servers. Proven understanding of various patch level compatibilities with database releases
- Should have designed and implemented security and auditing standards for large databases.
- Design and implement various backup and recovery strategies on heterogeneous environments. Recovery of database with no or minimal data loss
- Independently tune databases to extract best performance including memory, OS and SQL tuning.
- Ability to analyze the stats pack report and rectify the bottlenecks efficiently with a minimum downtime.
- Enterprise Management and High Availability Troubleshoot Replication Performance issues and Clustering Performance issues
- Should have knowledge on SQL Server log shipping and mirroring.
- Ensure that there is adequate IT capacity to meet required levels of service, ensure that senior IT management is correctly advised on how to match capacity is optimized
- Analysis of usage and performance data, and reporting on performance against targets contained in Service Level Agreements
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Systems Management Specialist
State / Province
Primary job category
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Should have minimum 5+ yrs of Experience on SQL Server Admin.
- Should be also to support L2 & L3 Level activities.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Ability to pick up new areas and work on a Consultant Profile as well.
- Able to guide a team of lesser experienced professionals.
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
- Proven Communication Skills
- Open to Shifts
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
New Collar Role