Purchasing & Procurement
Job Posting Date
Oct 12, 2017, 1:46:28 PM
- Develops the Weekly Schedule
- Runs the order recommendation, reviews and releases orders accordingly
- Reviews daily receivers in order to release or stage incoming product appropriately
- Expedites open POs to ensure timely delivery
- Quotes assemblies and production orders based on bills of materials.
- Enters/updates part item information into the mainframe system Item Balance/Master for new parts
- Maintains electronic records for the Purchasing and Production as required
- Proactively communicates with assigned suppliers on a regular basis. Purchases Orders and coordinates logistics and scheduling as required. Reviews PO discrepancies to resolve open issues
- Issues formal spare part Request for Quotation to qualified suppliers. Prepares and forwards drawing packages and/or specification requirements
- Reviews the overdue order report, inquires about part order/release status and counts on-hand and available parts
- Monitors part receipts and expedites in-plant part movement as required
- Obtains supplier delivery information using Overdue order report and Open order report and monitors supplier performance
- Monitors and communicates defective or unacceptable goods or services with quality control personnel. Initiates and follow-through on corrective action.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, or Supply
- Analyzing, planning and organizational experience
- Inventory control experience
- Problem solving, solution driven approach & decision making
- Good communication skills both written and oral in
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.