Solving the world’s most complex challenges. At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience. ICF’s agile Housing and Community Development Engine is powered by an outstanding team equipped to offer expert advisory services, bring the strength of past performance and a hand’s on integrated multidisciplinary approach. Join the ICF team and help make a difference.
We have demonstrated successes supporting a variety of federal agencies such as HUD Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Small Business Administration and other recovery programs and we partner Nationwide with State and Local Governments.
Positions are available for those able to work in Hurricane affected areas for 3-6 months and longer. This important work takes a special commitment and you’ll need to be able to commit to some long hours under challenging circumstances but we, like you, know why this matters. Our opportunities span a variety of levels and our team is excited to explore your career at ICF with you! As you learn more about ICF you’ll discover that longer-term opportunities abound that give you opportunities for a superb learning environment surrounded by smart and passionate leaders in their field! US Citizenship is a requirement and you may need to successfully complete a Public Trust Security Clearance.
ICF seeks an experienced senior professional to work within the Housing and Community Development Group (HCD) supporting post-disaster recovery efforts. You should have in-depth experience with the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) programs as well as other applicable Federal disaster recovery programs. You will work onsite with senior staff, subject matter experts, and junior staff to develop and implement policies and procedures for post-disaster recovery efforts. Responsibilities may also include serving as an expert on policy and regulatory issues, developing written materials, managing staff, providing training and technical assistance, and working directly with the client to provide advisory/consulting services.
This is a senior level position requires the ability to think on one’s feet and adjust to an ever changing environment.
- Provide overall leadership to teams assisting and implementing post-disaster recovery efforts.
- Work as part of a team providing expert services to support housing and community development and disaster recovery efforts.
- Provide guidance and expertise on Federal regulations (CDBG-DR, cross cutting Federal requirements, Duplication of Benefits, etc.) and translating them into the implementation of the programs.
- Help refine program procedures and processes for implementation.
- Work with staff to set up systems, be available to interpret and apply the regulations within the context of these systems.
- Provide training and technical assistance in the field of housing, economic development, and/or community development.
- Help implement CDBG-DR funded programs.
- Provide advisory and consulting services to clients through training sessions, one-on-one conversations, and written products.
- Develop written products and tools for grantee policies and procedures, program implementation, and design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Public Policy, Government, or a related discipline.
- Disaster recovery experience.
- 10+ years direct experience in providing training and technical assistance in the field of affordable housing, economic development, and/or community development.
- 10+ years of in-depth and hands-on knowledge of the CDBG/CDBG-DR programs, regulations, and implementation.
- Experience with creation of housing and community development subject-related materials, such as training and technical assistance tools, presentations, handouts, etc.
- Solid knowledge of how housing and community development programs are implemented at the state and local level.
- Project and personnel management skills.
- Master's degree in Planning, Public Policy, Government, or a related discipline.
- Experience working in a consulting firm, development organization, or public agency preferred.
- Experience delivering training and technical assistance to state and local government agencies.
- Business development, sales, fundraising, and/or proposal experience.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity)
About ICFICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.