Work with VP of Legal Affairs and Media Strategy team on all digital advertising/agency related agreements, including media insertion orders governed by IAB terms & conditions.
- Oversee and manage legal process for digital media agreements
- Develop and oversee IO policies, process, approvals and negotiations
- Review and negotiate agency IO T&Cs in conjunction with media strategy, Ad Ops and legal teams
- Draft and negotiate production agreements in connection with media campaigns (e.g. IAB addendums for custom materials)
- Negotiate overarching and precedential IAB Addenda with agency holding companies
- Work with Sales and Program Management teams on terms and agreements related to production of Custom Materials
- Assist with drafting agency commitment deals
- Review and edit vendor agreements related to media strategy and associated technology (e.g. Grapeshot, data collection, brand studies, etc.)
- Assist legal team with additional matters related to advertiser and agency relationships, media operations, production and distribution of Vice content
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- BA or BS undergraduate degree, and JD required
- New York or California State Bar membership
- 4 years of legal experience in digital media working for either a publisher or agency
- Must have comprehensive experience negotiating agency agreements including IAB terms and conditions, IAB addendums, production agreements
- Comprehensive understanding of advertising laws, regulations, and policies (e.g. data collection, privacy policies, FTC guidelines (including for native advertising), advertising laws and regulations, and applicable intellectual property law)
- Superior communication, organization, and negotiation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical orientation, and an ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, collaborative environment.
- Confident and comfortable doing deals and finding solutions without precedent in fast paced, high volume environment with constantly changing priorities
- Sound business judgment, and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple time-sensitive matters, including appropriately prioritizing among them
- Demonstrated ability, in a positive and practical manner, to identify and resolve issues efficiently and effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Interest in working on a broad variety of matters and issues including matters outside area of expertise