Transportation, Aerospace and Military (TAM) Division within our Electrical
Sector is seeking a Senior Test Engineer. The
Senior Test Engineer will be based at our Camarillo, CA facility.
Senior Test Engineer will support in development of custom and dynamic test
fixtures, acceptance and qualification test procedures and reports, and
verification of test results in support of new product development for
- Interpret test standards/procedures and product specification
requirements to develop acceptance and qualification test procedures.
- Develop custom test procedures for non-standard tests.
- Prepare test reports and verify test data.
- Lead customer driven Test Readiness Reviews to demonstrate
compliance to all product
- Conduct qualification and engineering development testing, which
involve mechanical, electrical, and environmental simulations.
- Coordinate resources, personnel, and outside resources to complete
- Design, develop, and maintain test equipment to meet standard and
non-standard test requirements.
- Enforce lab safety rules.
- Work with an integrated new product development team to achieve
schedule, quality and cost goals for product launch.
- Perform root cause analysis in conjunction with the product
engineering team to identify test or product non-conformances.
- Train production test technicians to Acceptance Test Procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
working in a test engineering role.
- Minimum of 1 year of
experience using SolidWorks.
- Physical fitness
- must be able lift 40 lbs and climb on height of 3 feet
- Must be legally authorized
to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use
of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International
Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within
the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S.
Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Have a minimum of 3-year
experience in writing technical procedures and administering complex vibration
and shock testing.
- Able to interpret industry
test standards (MIL, EIA, etc.)
- Hands on experiences with
general test equipment (digital voltmeter, oscilloscope, power supply,
measurement instruments, etc)
- Knowledge of basic
engineering design principles and the ability to read blue prints.
- Team oriented - good
attitude, able to clearly communicate technical matters with team
- Must be able to read
technical drawings and diagrams that are color coded
Must possess good hearing ability to detect
audible test cues from equipment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD TAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only