Here at Vacasa, we help travelers experience unforgettable vacations. When you grow as quickly as we have been, every day is an exciting one. We embrace opportunities and have a tendency to hand out responsibilities to our employees to see how they can stretch and challenge themselves. This is a place to grow as an individual, and to be part of our collective growth as a company and a team...and so far, it's been an unbelievably rewarding journey together.
We’re searching for new employees who can contribute to our most important asset, our culture. We’re looking for people who are excited to embody our values every day as part of the team.
What We’re Looking For:
Vacasa is looking for a competent, energetic, advanced communicator and leader to join our team as a Field Operations Specialist. This person will be responsible for running the home care team for a portfolio of homes - acting as a direct extension of the owners, and keeping them in the loop with all aspects of the management of their homes. The home care team is comprised of a team of housekeepers and maintenance technicians. A day in the life might include: reviewing maintenance needed at homes, owner communications, cleaning inspections, stocking a new home and staging it for its first guest, helping a guest figure out how to light a gas fireplace over the phone, walking an owner through their monthly statement, completing routine maintenance repairs such as changing a light bulb or replacing a broken door latch, dispatching non routine repairs, and helping a housekeeper finish a particularly challenging clean before guests arrive.
What You’ll Do:
- This position will require you to be cool under pressure, and balance challenging priorities on a regular basis.
- We are a vacation company and we will be the busiest when most folks are taking vacations-ie weekends, spring break, summer, etc. We’ll need you to be available.
- This is not a 9-5 job, you will be called upon after normal business hours and on weekends, and flexibility is key. You are the boots on the ground when our guests or owners need assistance.
- Maintaining an efficient and high quality housekeeping team will be your top priority!
- Traveling between multiple worksites and balancing competing priorities each day is a primary function of this role.
- Must being willing to use personal vehicle and maintenance related tools.
- Professional and frequent communications with the owners of the homes in your portfolio.
- Being willing/able to perform light home maintenance (light bulbs, fix door hinges, unclog a toilet, etc)
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The Skills You’ll Need:
- Communicator: proactively communicate with your owners via email, phone and in person to ensure that they are in the loop with all aspects of the management of their home. Ability to “sell” an owner on necessary improvements and help them understand how that impacts their revenue.
- Problem Solver: at Vacasa, we always seek to head problems off at the pass, but chaos theory prevails and we can't pre-solve for everything. When something doesn't go according to plan, you will need to go into action and work with teams across Vacasa to turn problems into opportunities.
- Can do/will do attitude: you will be part of an on-call rotation, and guest needs aren't always confined to normal business hours. A willingness to help when needed is essential.
- Natural born leader: as a Field Operations Specialist, you will have a small team of housekeepers. Your ability to lead the team in a collective and positive way is essential.
- Computer Savvy: Our custom developed management software has set Vacasa apart as an industry leader. We use our system to manage all aspects of our business. While we will never ask you to do any coding, we will want you to be very comfortable using a computer. If you commonly find yourself saying, "I bet I can get on youtube and figure out how to do that.", you'll be just fine.
- Highly Organized: This position requires balancing competing priorities on a day to day and minute by minute basis. At Vacasa we are dedicated to providing the best tools possible to manage the workload, but there is a critical human piece that you will provide. Only you can know how your owners like to be communicated with, which homes need extra attention and you are the one that can put eyes on a home when guests are having issues. We rely on you to balance those priorities and kick into action with your organization skills to manage the workload.
- A bit of a maintenance mind - as an extension of your owners, you will need to be able to troubleshoot issues that come up in your homes and either repair them (if minor) or make recommendations to your owners.
- Change Agent: At Vacasa, we firmly believe that every employee should be a stakeholder in improving our owner and guest experience. As an agent of change we will ask you to help identify areas where we have an opportunity to improve.
- Preferred candidates have lived or worked in the area for at least five years.
- Bilingual in both Spanish and English is a plus.
Don’t Forget the Perks!
- Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee discounts