Are you the talented structural or mechanical engineer that has solid experience in design of structural steel structures? Then we've got the challenge for you.
Mechanical/Structural Engineer - Tower Engineering
Business Unit Power Solutions/Engineering/Mechanical/Tower Engineering/ Tower Standard Products
Tower Engineering in Business Unit Power Solutions (VPS) is maintaining and developing the complete Vestas tower program. The tasks range from structural engineering over highly specialized FEM calculations, requirements specifications, DFMEA, test planning and execution to risk assessments and compilation of certification documentation.
Tower Standard Products is a sub-department of Tower Engineering. The department is responsible for design and certification of standard gravity foundations and towers for our global project portfolio. The department is also responsible for project design and certification of tower internals. The functional excellence within Tower Engineering is also the responsibility of Tower Standard Products.
Focus is on securing sound, cost-optimized and production friendly solutions and at the same time fulfilling the overall requirements to safety and functionality for the products.
The team is located at 2 different sites: Aarhus in Denmark and Chennai in India. The team consists of +10 highly skilled engineers with background in mechanical and civil engineering. We are responsible for design and analysis from the early concept study for new turbines to the final specification for production.
- You will design towers for wind turbines, mainly standard tubular towers.
- You will participate in transferring responsibility of all LDST tower designs to our Chennai office
- You will participate in ongoing optimization processes
- You will take part in internal sales discussions for ensuring project optimization
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Professional experience 3-10 years.
- Experience in the design of steel structures, preferably dynamically loaded structures
- Experience with design of towers for wind turbines or other mast/chimney structures is an advantage
- Knowledge in use of FEA programs with experience of ANSYS or similar being a benefit
- Experience in programming and scripting in VBA or similar
- You will need to display keen commercial awareness and understand the business implications of the decisions you make.
- You have good communication skills which enable you to convey complex problems to a wide range of stakeholders.
- You’ll have good problem solving skills and be able to manage sub-projects and it’s important that you can meet deadlines.
- You are able to undertake complex and repetitive calculations - and automate the processes
- You are process oriented and have a structured way to work
- You have an outstanding drive
What we offer:
We offer a challenging workplace with excellent professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with the world’s leading wind turbine manufacturer.
The department places high focus on a relaxed working environment where professional skills can be developed and enhanced.
Your work location will be at Vestas R&D Chennai, India Office.
Up to 20 travel days per year can be expected.
For more details, please contact Prangana at 044-66088007
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 83 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 73 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 22,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at http://www.vestas.com/ and following us on our social media channels.